A good LinkedIn profile is not only a space to present your career and your skills. It can also give you the opportunity to create a network, discover popular topics in your field and participate in discussions, but also to become an opinion leader on topics that are of interest to you.
We have been partnering with LinkedIn since 2010 and would like to give you tips to help you optimize this network. Whether you are new to LinkedIn or you want to make the most of this platform, here are the recommendations of our Employer Brand team to build your personal brand on LinkedIn:
Highlight your profile:
- Add a good quality photo that matches the style of the area in which you want to work.
- Summarize your experience at the top of your profile.
- Indicate your skills and experience and give as much detail as possible.
- Also, include elements of your personality, a profile should not be as formal as a resume.
- Use keywords to help you find your profile.
Be active and share:
- Love and share the content that corresponds to your personal and professional interests, to give personality to your profile.
- If you have a lot to say, think about creating your own publications and sharing them. Publish articles that show your creativity and your passion for your trade: you will get more attention and be recognized for your interest and efforts.
- Add your opinion to the publications you share: it shows you have one and helps others understand why the article is relevant to you.
- If you do not have the time or trouble finding content that you like, try LinkedIn’s Pulse app, it’s a simple solution to know what people are talking about on your network.
- Take advantage of face-to-face meetings to add people to your LinkedIn network: fairs, informal meetings, missions, networking events: «You are on LinkedIn? Let’s get connected.”
- Build Your Network: Start with your friends, but also try to create relationships with people who have known you professionally.
- Give feedback to others (using the Recommendations – Write a Recommendation feature), thus encouraging mutual feedback.
- Join relevant groups and participate in conversations.
- Connect with the right people to develop your network.