What does happiness mean to you? Everybody has their own definition of happiness including me. Why I’m not happy? I will do anything to put a smile on another person’s face because I want to be happy & it makes me happy, for sure I’ll be happy if I can bring a little smile to others life. I’m not sure what is happiness means to me. But by the age and my the situation I am standing, I can assure you that I’m not happy. I have build a good career, I have managed to make a lot of money, maybe just like a millionaire, But still I’m not happy.
This is what I’m saying that I have a lot of money, I have everything I wanted to have, but still don’t have the happiness. But only a few weeks ago, I was really very happy and there were no problem with my life, in fact I didn’t feel it, maybe this Is why I was happy. I believe circumstances can certainly make life unhappy. Perhaps something, something What MEANS MY LIFE, maybe missing from my life, but I can’t recognize what it is.
I know its ok to not be happy all the time or everyday, but Everyone should be happy or everyone deserve to be happy once in every three days. Here “happy” doesn’t means only the simple happiness. The word means here “about the real happiness”. Something what make my heart filled with peace, something what make me smile, something what absorb my pains, something what establish and stay for my inner peace.
If you are facing problem like me, having everything but feels like empty and unhappy, then keep reading and after finishing have your thoughts to let me know if you have any suggestion or saying.
“Happiness is a state of mind, comes from satisfaction of soul.”
Everybody has their own definition of happiness
Happiness is when your life fulfills your needs. In other words, happiness comes when you feel satisfied and fulfilled. Happiness is a feeling of contentment, that life is just as it should be. Perfect happiness, enlightenment, comes when you have all of your needs satisfied.
“True Happiness in life isn’t having what you want, but wanting what you have”
These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves.
- How do you define it for yourself?
- Does it mean being single?
- In a relationship?
- Having kids?
- Owning a home?
- Having your dream job?
- Being fit and healthy?
- Having lots of friends?
- Being rich and not having to worry about money?
- Trying new things?
- Helping others, giving back, volunteering, Does it mean traveling?
- Learning about new cultures, and discovering new places and people?
- Going on that adventure trip or travel tour?
- Discovering a world you never knew existed except in pictures or in theory?
So define what happiness means to you, what thing will make you happy, and stop chasing happiness, instead do the task what can make you happy.
Why I’m not happy with myself?
The reason you are nothappy is because isn’t suppose to make happy. Money ISN’T happiness norwill it EVER bring happiness. We as humans think that the key to success or life or money but boy are we wrong!
Because there are manythings in this world which I cannot buy with money. For exampleParents, Love, happiness, satisfaction, friends, relationship etc… I have a lot of things, a lot of money but I don’t have happiness, because there are no store to sale this thing.
I’m unhappy because I’m not fulfilled, maybe something my heart needs to keep it calm, but I can’t achieve it or I don’t know what is. Then what should I do?
I have made a short list to recover from circumstances. Take a look:
- The very first thing to do is, finding the reason why I’m not happy?
- There must have some problem, I’ll get it.
- Share with someone who is close enough to know if there does’nt have any privacy concern.
- Resolve the problem alone if possible or take help from others.
- Bring the thing in life what can fulfill the happiness.
Why I’m not happy with my life?
It’d be a lie to say that money doesn’t buy happiness. It does – to a point.
Yes money can buy happiness on some condition, if the money can be used wisely. It seems that human beings can never be satisfied with the amount of money they make, and that dissatisfaction often leads to unhappiness.
The essence of human behavior, We’re never satisfied.
Here are some key points that will show you why I’m not happy:
- I’m chasing the money. I always want more, its natural thing, being human. (as revealed in many survey in US and UK)
- Aim to earn more (most people do) but don’t get lost in this never ending path (most people do).
- I’m jealous of other money, If anyone makes more than me, I’m hitting me up to become richer than the person.
- I’m expecting more than I have, the cycle won’t stop.
- Being human, we have a biological need. Perhaps here are some lack of getting things.
- Still I don’t believe the truth is “I cannot get everything with just money.“
- I’m feeling depressed for very not getting very little things.
- I’m always in depression because of my relationship with everyone out there, and I’m revoking myself to social to unsocial.
- I’m not happy because I don’t know how to spend my money to be happy perfectly.
The truth is “The search for happiness will only end when one meets the source of happiness, the Supreme God.”
In this circumstances what can I do to become happy? How can I achieve happiness? There must have some solution of every problem, and I’m sure it exist for this one too. I believe its possible to be happy with or without money. It doesn’t matter how much money I have or what is my salary scale. Happiness never required a good or perfect career. To be happy I need to be attentive for my inner peace, I have to learn what my mind wants really.
Here are 8 Life-Changing Lessons From TED Talks on How to Be Happy.
How to be happy when I’m unhappy?
I want to be happy, perhaps I want to become happiest person in the world. I will do anything to put a smile on another person’s face because it brings me happiness.
Happiness lies inexperiences not in materialistic possessions.
let me say’ “Money is the happiness”
If the logic was true,then the richest man would be the happiest one and so on. But happinesscomes to those who stop seeking it, and enjoy every fleeting moment tothe fullest. Money is just one of thethings we require for our living, but happiness is the most importantthing one requires to live with satisfaction.
What happens when you are depressed and Unhappy
It’s completely normal to feel unhappy from time to time. It happens toeveryone. What happens too often in our lives is that we are so busyseeking the happiness hit we forget how lucky we are to be where we areand have what we have.
Its very possible to persistent depressive disorder, also called dysthymia. Dysthymia, sometimes referred to as mild, chronic depression, is lesssevere and has fewer symptoms than major depression.
If you havedysthymia you may be unable to remember a time when you felt happy,excited, or inspired. It may seem as if you have been depressed all your life.
People can turn toalcohol and smoking to numb the feelings of unhappiness and negativeself-worth. In the long term, dysthymia can lead to clinical depressionand thoughts of suicide.
Dysthymia is not acondition you can typically conquer on your own. It’s hard to recognizeand manage without help. The good news is that medical circles arebecoming increasingly aware of it and it is relatively easy to treatwith anti-depressants and the right kind of professional help.
How you can be happy all the time
However you define happiness we all know it’s never constant and varies in depth, duration and meaning; and who would want to be happy all the time? Happiness is so elusive and momentary that it comes and goes through our lives like the wind. Here one moment, gone the other. How we define happiness is as different as we are. For some happiness is winning the lottery and never worrying about the need for money ever again and for others it’s the joy of watching a child step across the stage to get a college degree.
While happiness is a temporary state of euphoria over some good fortune or outcome in our lives, contentment brings with it far more long lasting peace and well-being.
- Spend your money by traveling the world, don’t stop keep going, enjoy discover the earth and live adventurous life.
- Left money aside whenever choosing life partner.
- Read! Anything that comes your way, just read it! Learn as much as you can!
- Try making as many people happy with your extra money as you can, see if you will be happier.
- Did you know that it has been scientifically proven that being kind makes you happier? Every time you perform a selfless act, your brain produces serotonin, a hormone that eases tension and lifts your spirits. Not only that, but treating people with love, dignity, and respect also allows you to build stronger relationships.
- Take care of you health, be physically fit. What for you are making money if your health leads you to die? Use it to fit yourself.
- Change lifestyle, don’t be introvert, don’t act like you are rich or VIP. Try to be simple and this will lead you to the path of happiness.
- People who get into the habit of dreaming big are more likely to accomplish their goals than those who don’t. If you dare to dream big, your mind will put itself in a focused and positive state.
- Be in a relationship, In my experience its a great component of being happy.
- Happy people don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future. They savor the present. They let themselves get immersed in whatever they’re doing at the moment. Stop and smell the roses.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, say in a clear voice, “I am in control. I am the only authority in my life.”
- Take a break from working hard. You forgot that you also have a personal life, C’mon, enjoy your life.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.its a secret key to happiness: it’s ok to be a little goofy now and then! You only get one shot at this life, so make the most of it. Have some fun and show your children and those around you that you know how to have fun. You aren’t the greatest gift to mankind this world has ever had – so don’t act like it! You may find you add years to your life, not to mention a ton of laughter!
- Meditating silences your mind and helps you find inner peace. You don’t have to be a zen master to pull it off. Happy people know how to silence their minds anywhere and anytime they need to calm their nerves.
- Spend time with your friends, family and other relatives.
- Try to be social, its important however if you are not liking it.
- How many times have you heard someone say, “If only I had a few more dollars I’d…” or “If I just had another day off I could….”? Many people don’t know how to be satisfied with what life gives them. They are so busy wanting more that they squander what life has already given them.
- Stop beating yourself up over things that happened in the past – things you did or didn’t do, and mistakes you may have made with others.
The key ingredient to a happy life is within us – our mindset. Happiness comes from the ways in which we interpret the world and interact with it. The single-minded pursuit of happiness is ironically leaving people less happy, according to recent research. “It is the very pursuit of happiness,”
Even if we have achieved success and money, what we so much desire, will itbe able to compensate the relationships and health that havedeteriorated beyond repair? So we want success and money only for thesake of it? Can success and money guarantee happiness? If we neglect our health and even achieve the desired success, will we be able to enjoythe benefits of success? ……. These are some of the questions which wehave to pose to ourselves.
- Happiness Lies In Little Things: 10 Tips To Finding Joy
- How to be Happy: The Most Important Keys To Your Happiness
About The Author:
Fahim Ahsan is passionate about turning impossible things to possible! He helps blogger and entrepreneurs to amplify their online business. He is expert in online business, personal development, finding happiness, inspiring people in any situation. His goal is to empower people with the necessary skills to be a successful person. The best part ofall this is he really can do something impossible in reality. Connect with him on Twitter for learning more.