Making money on SoundCloud: The On SoundCloud program
The On SoundCloud partner program is quite similar to YouTube’s Partner Program. Artistsare paid when users view or listen to ads while enjoying the music theartists upload. The general idea is that artists are paid for each adthat plays during one of their tracks in the same manner as YouTube’sPartner Program shares revenue.
The great thing about the OnSoundCloud program is that it goes directly to the artists. There’s nomiddle company, record company, or brand getting in the way. Artistshave a direct connection to their music making money.
Before we go ahead probably you would like to start your won blog to promote anything you like or even you can sell any digital product on your blog, Blogging is as simple as breathing! So here is a recommendation for you….
The tiers of the On SoundCloud program
As with everything online, a few tiers of service have been created. Eachone offers bands different services, has different costs associated with it, but only one will get you paid for your music:
Partner: This free account is for beginners. There is no monetization option. What you get is:
- 3 hours of free uploads of your tracks
- Basic stats to start growing your following
- The ability to join their Insider group for free tips
There’s no money to be made here directly, but you can work on getting your tracks heard and your name out there.
Pro/Pro Unlimited: There is only one difference between Pro, and Pro Unlimited. The ProUnlimited offers you an unlimited amount of uploads, while Pro offers 6hours. The similarities are:
- The ability to showcase your 5 best tracks by pinning them to the top of your listing
- Geo-based statistics to see where your fans are
- Social statistics to see which platforms are being used to embed your tracks
The other difference is, you guessed it, the cost. Pro costs £3.99/month or £35/year. Pro Unlimited, with unlimited track upload space, costs£8/month or £75/year.
Premier: This has all of the features of Pro Unlimited, plus a little more:
- An account manager who will help you make your account even better
- Exclusive music promotion opportunities for your music and profile
- The ability to make money on your SoundCloud music
Yes, the Premier option is the only way you can currently make money onSoundCloud. How do you get it? It is invite only at the moment, but they will be expanding it to everyone soon. If you weren’t invited already,SoundCloud has told artists what they can do right now to be ready whenit opens up:
- Be on good standing within the SoundCloud community
- Have proven their ability to build an engaged audience
- Be able to show their growth over time
In short, you need to get to work on the tips for getting more SoundCloud plays and followers below!
How to get more SoundCloud followers and be invited to On SoundCloud Premier
The first step you will have to take is to get one of their paid accounts.Yes, you’re paying money to make money…isn’t that always the way?
The difference here is that the Pro accounts will not only make money whenyou’re invited to Premier, but they’ll make you money as you find outwhere you fans are and go there to play concerts, send people to yourmerchandise stores, and maybe even get them to buy your music!
Hereare the social and technical things you’ll need to do to start buildingthat engaged audience up to the point where you’re invited to the OnSoundCloud Premier program:
- Creating favorites lists:This is your opportunity to connect with your fans and show them themusic you enjoy. To really make it work, contact the bands you add andlet them know. They just may check you out and add you to their ownlist. Think of it as being their supporting act as you build anaudience.
- Get social and engage on tracks: You alreadylisten to music. Listening to it on SoundCloud, and giving real feedback that’s constructive, can help you get noticed. Fans listening to thetrack can see that you’re knowledgable about music and become interested in you. The bands themselves can again become interested in you andreturn the favor.
- Work on your images: Having a profileand header image that works is essential. You need to have your bandname and logo large enough in your profile image so that people can make it out in the thumbnail image on the homepage, and in search results.The header image should include some piece of relevant information.“Follow us for exclusive tracks,” or even “Our new album comes out December 17, 2015!” Always work on conveying as much information as youcan, as simply as you can.
- Join relevant groups:SoundCloud is one big social community. Being a part of groups that arerelevant to your band can help you find fans in a number of ways. First, joining genre specific boards helps you find people who like yourspecific music. Joining location specific boards helps you find fans inyour hometown, or in the next stop of your tour.
- Tag, tag, tag: When you upload tracks you have a chance to add tags to your music.They work like hashtags on Twitter. Feel free to tag other bands thatsound like you, musicians who did guest appearances on the track, radiostations that play you, and producers you worked with.
Did youread all that and think “Aw, man. You mean I have to work?” Yep, yougotta hustle, young playa! The benefit, in the end, is multiple revenuestreams opening up – including a way to make money on SoundClouddirectly with On SoundCloud Premier.
For some other ways to boost your social presence, I highly suggest this perfect service . I’ve worked with this company for years to promote my client’s music on SoundCloud and they have never ever disappointed me.
Hoping that this article will help you reach your goals on Soundcloud. Goodluck!