How to Start a Vlog and Start Vlogging on YouTube5:35 AM
Do you want to start your first Vlog but don't know where to start? Here we will share 15 steps to getting started as vlogger on youtub...
Do you want to start your first Vlog but don't know where to start? Here we will share 15 steps to getting started as vlogger on youtube and earn money from it. We will show the simplest ways to start making money by vlogging and becoming popular on YouTube quickly.
15 simple steps to create your own vlog on a YouTube channel.
Preparation for Vlogging
Before you start vlogging, you must have a general idea of what type of vlog you want to do. Having a detailed plan on the topics of those who are going to treat your videos is critical if you want to become successful as a vlogger.
1. Study The Most Popular YouTubersThe first step, if you have not already done so, is to research the most popular vloggers, or do not have to be the most popular, but study people who have already been successful in the world of Vlogging.
Take your time watching your videos over and over and analyze the details. Do you use an intro? What kind of music do they play? Do they have a tag or slogan that makes them recognizable and allows them to connect with their audience? What do they record and how do they edit it? How long are the videos?
You should not take this advice as an incentive to copy, learn from the YouTubers who already know how to succeed and then give you your own personal touch.
2. Get the Right StuffBefore you start vlogging, you must need to have some good videos. To record a good video first, you need to make sure you have the right equipment. Contrary to what many people think, you do not need to spend thousands of dollars on professional cameras and microphones.
To start vlogging, you just need a camera that can record in Full HD 1080p, which is the resolution that most vloggers uses.
Although not indispensable, you can also buy a microphone, tripod or additional camera, but no one expects Hollywood blockbusters from a YouTuber beginner, so do not worry too much about this, since you can always complete your recording equipment according to your channel. YouTube is growing.
3. Prepare your VlogNow that you're ready to start recording your first vlog, you have to start thinking about what you want to do in your vlogs in more detail. What are you going to do and what are you going to say?
You can prepare a script with what you want to say and structure the content a bit, but do not be a perfectionist or pay too much attention to the text once you start recording, if it is visible to the audience that you are reading a script, you will find your channel boring and monotonous. It is better to write the most important points of those you want to speak, highlighting some key words on the subject to deal with. This way, you will have a safety mattress if you stay in white. Do not give up if at first you need to take many shots to end the result you want, the more you practice, the less time you will need to record your videos.
4. Turn your Vlog into something InterestingPeople follow YouTube vlogs and channels because they bring them some benefit. That benefit can be pure fun or education. The best advice you can follow to make your vlog interesting is to choose a topic that you like and dedicate to it.
Start vlogging content channel ideas:
- Are you good at imitating people? Create a channel of imitations!
- Are you hooked on the latest Netflix series? Create a channel to talk about different theories!
- Are you an expert in quantum physics? Create an educational channel on physics!
Any theme is valid to succeed, there are always people with the same tastes as you so take advantage of your passion for that idea to make creating an entertaining Vlog.
Also read: How to Become Popular on YouTube - 7 Steps to Becoming Famous
These are other general tips to make your vlog something interesting:
- Be original: If your vlog is about the same as other thousands of vloggers, it will be difficult to make a dent, although this is not always the case.
- Transmit energy: Be energetic and enthusiastic in your videos, smile and tell funny anecdotes. People go to YouTube to see people sad or bored.
5. Be YourselfAlthough you should try to be as interesting, unique and entertaining as possible, that does not mean that you should stop being yourself. Your followers will notice at some point. Relax, smile and let your personality shine in your vlogs.
Edit Vlog for better performanceWhen you've recorded enough shots to make your video, you can start editing and compiling clips so you can finally upload them to your YouTube channel.
6. Import your video clips to edit
The first step to editing your videos is to import the files into your computer. This action may be different depending on the camera you have, but usually, it is enough to insert your SD memory card into the computer or connect your camera with a USB cable. Some cameras even allow you to send the photos to your computer via Wi-Fi.
7. Edit your VlogAfter you have copied all the videos to your computer, you are ready to import the clips into your favorite video editor. If you use Windows, you should have Windows Movie Maker installed; If instead, you use Mac, iMovie is your default editor. These two programs are free and have sufficient functionality to create your vlog, but they can be somewhat limited if you want to do something beyond the basics.
There are a lot of books and video tutorials on how to use these products so we will not talk in depth about them.
When editing your vlogs, choose the most interesting parts and edit them together. It is also advisable to add an introduction and a farewell to your videos.
The length of a vlog can be very variable. Several variables influence how often you upload a video, how many minutes of recording you have or, naturally, the theme of it. In general, vlogs should be at least 5 minutes and should not be longer than 20 minutes.
Note: If you want to upload videos longer than 15 minutes to YouTube, you will need to verify your account with your phone number.
8. Export Edited VideoOnce you are finished with the vlog edition, and you are happy with the final result, it is time to export the video.
Exporting a video is the process of rendering a video project to a video file that you upload to YouTube.
If you do not know what resolution or video format you should use, take a look at YouTube recommendations to upload videos to your platform.
Uploading and publishing VlogNow that your video is recorded, edited and exported to a video file, you are ready to upload it to YouTube and have your first vlog online!
9. Upload your Vlog to YouTubeSign in to your YouTube channel and click the upload icon to the right of the search bar, or simply go directly to youtube.com/upload.
Select your video file and start uploading it to YouTube. Once this is done, you can follow the next steps to complete the process. Your video will only be public once you have clicked the "Publish."
10. Choose a TitleYou can now pick a title that will be used for the YouTube search engine. The title must be short (less than 50 characters), precise, flashy and related to the content of your video. It is recommended that you choose the title in order to attract the attention of the public but never pick a misleading title. Users will not like it, and you will start receiving "I do not like" and negative comments. Also, if you abuse misleading title, YouTube may even terminate your account for not respecting its rules.
11. Choose a ThumbnailThe thumbnail is the image that will appear in the preview of the video on YouTube, so it has almost the same importance as the title when it comes to drawing the attention of users.
YouTube allows you to choose an image capture of the video itself, or upload a photo edited by you. Remember that the thumbnail plays a significant role in the user's decision on whether or not to see your vlog, so you should take your time in choosing the appropriate thumbnail.
12. Write a DescriptionThe last step in the publication of your Vlog is the description of the video. The description of a video on Youtube plays an important role when positioning your video in searches.
Try to write a story of between 300 and 500 words and do not forget to include the keywords that your target audience would use to find videos about the subject that you treat in your vlog.
Advertising or promoting your VlogFinally, your video is online on YouTube, you can sit on the sofa and relax while subscribers begin to rain ... WRONG! Every minute you upload more than 300 hours of video to YouTube, so if you want your videos to start gaining traffic, you need to work a little promoting your channel.
13. Share your Vlog on Social NetworksThe easiest way to promote your new vlog is by sharing it on social networks. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or any other social network you use. It can also be beneficial for you to begin to follow (if you have not done so already), other YouTubers that are similar to you, comments on your videos and interacts with them and their followers, is a good way to learn and promote your channel indirectly.
14. Build Your AudienceTry to build a loyal audience who watches your videos regularly and leave comments or "Like." This will help you build a reputation on YouTube and your videos will have a better positioning and will get you out of the "recommended videos" section of YouTube.
15. Collaborate with other VloggersYou can also work with other Vloggers to promote your channels to each other.
Remember that it is very likely that your first vlog is not a wonder and get few visits, but do not give up! Almost all vloggers who now have millions of subscribers have started from scratch too, and you can be sure that your first videos were not a big deal either.
Keep working, uploading content and promoting, you never know when your time can come.