How Does Netflix Charge On My Account?10:39 AM
Netflix is a monthly service that is automatically charged every month on the subscription date. If your billing date coincides with a date ...
Netflix is a monthly service that is automatically charged every month on the subscription date. If your billing date coincides with a date that does not occur in a given month, then the billing will take place on the last day of that month. Your payment method will be charged at the beginning of each billing period, but the transaction may appear in your account a few days after the invoice date.
When you sign up for a Netflix free trial, it verifies your payment information by sending an authorization for approximately the same amount as the Netflix monthly membership fee. This process helps the company to ensure that the information provided is associated with a valid open account that may receive future charges. This authorization is not a charge and will disappear from your account.
What is an authorization?Authorizations are requests that Netflix sends to your financial institution to verify that your form of payment is working properly. These requests are not charges, but in some cases may affect the balance available in your account.
Why do authorizations change my available balance?Netflix sends an authorization for a certain amount, which may vary by region or financial institution. This amount temporarily affects your available balance because the financial system is checking the availability of such funds.
Netflix does not charge this authorization amount, which will automatically disappear from your account. Check with the financial institution to know when the funds will be returned.
Will I be charged for other expenses?Netflix only charges the monthly subscription fee, which may include applicable local taxes. Some financial institutions add additional transaction costs to international sales. These charges are applied by the bank. So, if you have any questions, please contact your financial institution directly.
Netflix is a monthly subscription service that is charged every month on the subscription date. If your subscription date coincides with a date that does not occur in a given month, then billing will take place on the last day of that month. Monthly charges are billed at the beginning of each billing period and may appear in your account a few days after the invoice date.
If you started your membership with a free trial, we would only charge you the following month when the free trial ends.
If you want to know your next billing date, recent purchases or charges or credit history, you can visit the section Billing Details (Billing Details) of Your account (Your Account).
How much does Netflix cost?Several Netflix plans fit your needs.
- Basic ($ 7.99 per month): You can watch series and movies on 1 screen as standard definition (SD).
- Standard ($ 9.99 per month): You can watch series and movies on 2 screens at once with high definition (HD) available.
- Premium ($ 11.99 per month): You can watch on 4 screens at once with HD definition and Ultra HD available.
How can I pay Netflix?
1. Credit and debit cardsNetflix accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards. To work with Netflix, cards must be enabled for recurring e-commerce transactions.
2. Prepaid CardsIf you have a prepaid card with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo, you can enter your card information on Netflix payment page. If the bank that issued the card approves Netflix authorization request, we will accept this card for payment.
3. Netflix Gift CardsThe gift cards Netflix is available in various retail and allow Netflix or give your own pre - pay service.
4. PayPalYou can use your PayPal account to pay Netflix.
5. ItunesYou can also subscribe to Netflix through iTunes on your Apple TV or iPhone, iPad or iPod touch models with iOS 7.0 or higher. This way, you can pay for your Netflix subscription through your iTunes account. Prices and currency type may vary by country.
6. Google PlayYou can subscribe to Netflix through Google Play on your Android mobile device and pay for your Netflix subscription through your Google Play account. Prices and currency type may vary by country. (Note: We are gradually implementing this billing method so it may not be currently available to all customers.)
7. Billing AssociatesMembership billing is available in the United States. You can find more information about Netflix partners and their requirements below:
- You can use Netflix gift cards to pay for a Netflix subscription or give them away to friends, family, teachers or anyone else. Netflix gift cards are available from major retailers in several countries in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Why do I see a charge on my card when I subscribed for a free trial?Netflix verifies your payment details when they are added or updated to an account. This process helps Netflix to ensure that the information provided is associated with a valid open account that may receive future charges. We validate the information by sending an authorization for approximately the same amount as the cost of Netflix's monthly membership. These requests are not charges, but the authorization number may temporarily affect the available balance while the financial institution guarantees sufficient funds.
When this approval has a satisfactory result, we immediately send an automatic revocation requesting the financial institution to remove permission from the statement. While the appeal is immediate, it may take several days to be reflected in the account. Check with the financial institution if you want to know when the funds will be returned.