Do You Really Know How Much Inventory You Have?9:36 AM
There are different types of inventories, but one of the raw materials will allow you to know the existence of the goods that are stored. ...
There are different types of inventories, but one of the raw materials will allow you to know the existence of the goods that are stored.
Performing the inventory review of raw materials you have in your business is necessary to keep the stock in good condition, make the product rotation and know how much you have invested in it.
Knowing it is important because:
- It helps you know how much you have invested.
- Know if you have raw materials expired or are close to winning.
- It helps you save money by not duplicating purchases.
- Avoid deterioration or loss of merchandise.
- You can manage material that is out of season.
- Avoid storage costs.
To take it is recommended:
- Know the substantial number of units of which it is counted, at least once a year.
- Maintain at an adequate level the supplies you use in the SME.
- Use a safe place for the protection of the raw material, ensuring that it will not decompose, or it will be in danger of being stolen.
- Make sure the space in which you keep it is dry, clean and with enough space.
- Allow access to inventory only to persons authorized to do so.
- Keep the stock at a level that guarantees your production and that allows you to avoid eventualities to prevent situations such as waste.
There are several ways to keep track of stock. From a spreadsheet to specialized programs and even if it is a small amount of inventory you can take it manually. What is essential in any of the methods you choose is to be organized.
One tip for more control is to implement codes or product categories in a document with rows and columns. Do not forget to include the description of the product, the number of units, the expiration date, its price, and so on.
Depending on the quantity of stock you manage, it will be the periodicity with which you make the inventory, either monthly, quarterly, semiannual or annual.