8 Difference Between Google AdWords and Bing Ads11:53 AM
Bing Ads and AdWords : Who Really Converts? We know Google AdWords has a much larger market share than any other online advertising platform...
Bing Ads and AdWords: Who Really Converts? We know Google AdWords has a much larger market share than any other online advertising platform. At the same time, Bing ads market share spikes rapidly and become one of the major competitors to AdWords.
Adwords or Bing Ads are the best advertising media for your business. Which one do you prefer?
Eight differences between Google Adwords & Bing AdsBing achieves a decent 21.6% of the market of searches in the American market. Also, Bing gains 20% market share in the UK PPC advertising market.
Google always positioning in the first place for European search market while Microsoft (Yahoo! Bing) searches have increased nearly 50% in Europe, This maybe the first reason why business owners investing in it. But the question remains, Will Bing, be able to stand up to Google in Europe?
From Digital Advertising, we will focus below on the nine main differences between Bing Ads and Google Adwords, which will serve to know a little more about the Microsoft tool:
1) Bing Ads, also on Yahoo!The alliance between Bing and Yahoo makes it possible for ads built on Bing Ads to appear on Yahoo !. In the case of Google AdWords, the ads are displayed on the Google search engine and its search partners like Ask.com.
2) Daily vs. Budget Monthly BudgetsPersonally, it's a feature that I miss for some customers on Google. In Bing, you can set a monthly budget for your campaigns. But beware, the budget will not be distributed evenly throughout the month. Otherwise, it will be served as fast as possible (similar to the accelerated delivery of Google Adwords).
Also read: 5 Tips for an Effective Advertising Campaign
3) cheaper CPCs than GoogleThis is evident: fewer leads, fewer advertisers, and therefore lower bids. This is attractive from a return on investment as it translates into a much more appealing CPA than Google.
4) Different formats for text adsUnlike the 2 clear lines of 35 characters each in Google Adwords, Bing Ads have a single, descriptive line of 71 characters. One more character that can be trivial but that must be taken into account when the space for the advertisement is scarce.
Also read: Choosing the Right Display Advertising Network
5) Forget negative keywords with broad matchIn Bing we can not work negative words with full agreement. This forces us to use phrase matches, so when entering as a negative keyword "balls," the ad may be displayed for searches with the word "balls."
6) Bing Ads still allows segmenting by deviceIn Bing Ads, we can choose the devices to which your campaign is directed. However, Google AdWords no longer allows you to create campaigns targeting only certain devices. What we can modify is the CPC offer for each of them.
7) Ad scheduling Yes, but with restrictionsIn Bing Ads offers 5-hour slots in which your ads can be displayed. For example, between 18 and 23 hours. These stripes are set by Microsoft, and you can only choose if you want to appear in a fringe or not. On the contrary, in Google AdWords, you can select special hours for your campaign. For example, post ads only at 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Of course in both cases you can choose to have your campaigns displayed throughout the day.
Ad Network: Why you should use Google AdWords for your small business?
8) Bing Ads does not have automatic URL taggingFor Analysts, this would be a mess. And we are so accustomed to Google sending the SEM campaign information to Google Analytics automatically so that we can perform different analyses in the various reports. In Bing Ads we will have to resort to the manual, labeling the URLs of the ads in an artisan way using, for example, the Google URL constructor, which represents a significant risk of human mistake in the process. If this tagging is not done, Google Analytics will identify the traffic of Bing Ads ads as organic Bing traffic; That is, it will confuse SEO with SEM.
Also read: 8 Reasons You Should Use Bing Ads To Promote Your Blog
To give you more clarity we recommend you to watch the below video:
Difference Between Google AdWords and Bing Ads