Facebook Messenger will stop working on some smartphones from April 19:09 AM
Facebook Messenger will stop working on several mobile models since April 1 It affects iOS and Android, but especially Windows Phone. Fac...
Facebook Messenger will stop working on several mobile models since April 1
It affects iOS and Android, but especially Windows Phone.
Facebook Messenger, the application of direct messages from the social network Facebook, will stop working on various mobile models from Saturday 1 April. This has been announced by the social network itself on the company's blog and has been collected by the British newspaper The Independent.
This is the list of operating systems that will stop being compatible with Facebook Messenger from Saturday. On Android and iOS devices it affects certain versions of 2011, 2014, 2015 and earlier, but those involved are especially the Windows mobile: from Saturday the application will stop working on those phones in version 8.
- Facebook for Android version 55, published on November 16, 2015, and earlier.
- Messenger version 10, released on August 14, 2014, and earlier.
- Facebook for iPad version 26, released on October 10, 2011, and earlier.
- Messenger version 8, released on July 14, 2014, and earlier.
- Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and earlier.
- Facebook for Windows Phone.
- Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
- Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 and desktop version.
"With a billion people using Messenger every month, our team spends countless hours working on improving the way you communicate with your friends and family," Facebook explains. "One of the ways we try to improve is by introducing rich features such as video or voice calls, and Messenger bots, using old versions of the application makes the experience not the best or does not directly work.
We ask those who have old versions to update them so they can enjoy the fantastic features offered by Messenger.