How to Start a Blog on Blogger For Free and Make Money9:31 AM
How do you start a blog ? Creating & maintaining a blog for your business can be a challenging task . You can use blogger platform to st...
How do you start a blog? Creating & maintaining a blog for your business can be a challenging task. You can use blogger platform to start free blogging, but it's recommended to purchase a domain & change your example.blogspot.com to example.com.
Ready to start a blog that makes money? Google Blogger makes creating a blog incredibly simple, and you can be making your first entry in just a couple of minutes after starting.
1. Create a Google Account.Blogger is a service of Google, and as such you will need a free Google account to create a Blogger blog. Having a Google Account gives you access to a variety of Google products, including Gmail, Google Drive and more.
Click the "Create an Account" button to begin the new account process.
If you already have a Google account, you'll be prompted to sign in with it on the Blogger home page.
2. Create your new blog.On the main Blogger page, click the Create blog button to start your blog. A new window will appear that will allow you to set the first options of the blog.
Enter a title for the blog in the "Title" field. This will be displayed at the top of the visitor's page.
Note: If you are starting a blog for business or just to earn money, I recommend you to create a self-hosted blog on WordPress. So you will get full freedom of blogging and be making a living blog.
3. Enter an address in the "Address" field.When you create a Blogger blog for the first time, it will have a ".blogspot.com" address. You can change it later, but for now, you will need to create an address. The availability of the address will be verified as you type.
If you want to buy a custom domain, go here to know where you can register a domain name in cheap rate but safely.
4. Select one of the existing templates.You will be able to fully customize your blog later, but for now, just choose the template you like the most.
5. Click on "Create a blog."Once you have finished entering your blog information, click on the button to create your blog. Within seconds, your new blog will appear on your blog list.
6. Create your first entry.Your blog will not be a blog until you start to write so you can publish your first entry immediately! You can worry about more detailed customization. To start typing, click the "Start creating entries" link under the title of your blog or click the orange pencil button. This will take you to the ticket editor.
7. Give your post a title.At the top of the editor, you'll see an "Entry Title" field. This title will show at the upper part of the entry in your blog and will be displayed at the top of the window. Make your headline sticky as it needs to attract the reader.
Generally, your first entry should be introductory. Talk about yourself. Talk about your mission, vision, expertise and why you started blogging. What type of content you will deliver to your readers and why should people engage with your site.
Later you will need: Remove Blog Title From Post Title
8. Start writing.There are two main ways in which you can create your blog post: compose an article using the integrated word processor or write the entry in HTML. Use the buttons in the upper left corner of the editor to switch between the two modes.
If you are not familiar with HTML, the word processor will give you several options to customize the input text and will allow you to easily insert inbound links, videos, and images.
9. Customize text.To adjust the text font size, color and more, try using the toolbar at the top of the editor. The "standard" drop-down menu allows writers to change the format based on the content type.
- Use Header, Subheader and standard text into the article as if you need. These will not only affect the text size but will also influence the search engines to find your pages.
- Generally, you should try to ensure that the format of your header is correct and easy to read. Section titles or chapter breaks should be in the "Header" format, with smaller parts using the other formatting styles.
The content of your article must be in standard format.
10. Add an image to your Blogger Blog Post.The images help attract the attention of the reader and generally make the entries more interesting to see. You can quickly add photos to a Blogger post by clicking the "Insert Picture" button in the toolbar. They will give you several options to add pictures.
You can upload them from the computer you are working on, link to other images already on your blog, link to images in one of your Picasa Web Albums, take a photo using webcam or link to the URL of a picture from somewhere Of the internet.
When linking to an image from another site, be aware that if they remove the photo from that site, it will not be displayed in yours either. Some sites also do not view the links to your images, since it costs them bandwidth every time they are uploaded to your site.
11. Adjust your entry settings before posting.You will see a list of options in the menu on the right side of the entry editor. These will allow you to change the input configuration before making it public.
- Tags: These are tags that are added to your posts, which enable you to group entries of similar content. These are useful when you have many entries because it helps readers find related entries on the blog.
- Schedule: You can have your entry automatically published, or you can schedule it to be published at a future time and date. This can be really useful if you are on a good run and you are creating a lot of content at once, but you want to ensure that you feed it drop by drop to your audience.
- Permanent link: this allows you to set the address that is related directly to your entry. By default, it will be based on the title of the entry, but you can change it to whatever you want.
- Location: This allows you to tag your entry with a location. This is especially useful for travel blogs.
- Options: Here you can adjust various other options for the entry, including whether readers can comment on the entry or not and how the HTML code is interpreted.
12. Preview your input.You should preview each entry to make sure the formatting is correct and that all your content looks the way you want. Click "Preview" in the upper right corner to see an advance.
- Check your blog entry and then review it again. Grammar mistakes will quickly drive readers away, so make sure the entry is error-free.
13. Save the article for later.If you need to leave before finishing writing your story, keep it. To save a draft, Click the "Save" button.
14. Customize your Blogger blog.Blogger has many templates to choose from, but you can go further and make your blog truly yours. From changing the blog icon to completely rearranging the site, customizing your blog will help you create a unique brand for this blog.
- Click the "Design" option in your Blogger menu to adjust the blocks of content in your blog. You can move them to fit your style.
- Click the "Edit" links in the content blocks to change their titles and other options.
- Add more interactivity to your blog by clicking on the "Add a Gadget" link in the "Design" section. You can choose from a variety of accessories, from basic extensions created by Blogger to hundreds of accessories created by users.
- Customize your template by clicking on the "Template" option in the Blogger menu. You can choose from a variety of existing templates, each of which can be further customized by clicking on the "Customize" button after selecting it. This will allow you to change the background, the width of the content and the text options.
If you are familiar with HTML and CSS, and "know how to code" you can fully enter the code and create whatever you want by clicking the "Edit HTML" option. This will give you full control over the style and look of your Blogger site, but it is likely to be more than most bloggers need.
So, You are done. Publish 40 to 50 article to start earning from your new blog. You may want to know how can you monetize your content?
Here are guides and tips you will be needed: