The 10 Most Important Characteristics Of An Entrepreneur: Do You Have These Qualities?6:47 PM
No one born as an entrepreneur , they are made. What are the most important characteristics of an entrepreneur ? What skills makes them succ...
No one born as an entrepreneur, they are made. What are the most important characteristics of an entrepreneur? What skills makes them successful? Let's check what personality traits makes a successful businessman.
What are the personal qualities of an entrepreneur?No one born with the talent of Steve Jobs or the sharp sense like Warren Buffet! Indeed, if you objectively dissect the history of each successful entrepreneur you know, you will find that they have already experienced failure at least once during their attempt to start a business.
Here are the 10 essential characteristics to become a good entrepreneur.
Failure is central to the learning process, it is the logic of "trial-mistakes." How often should you fall down before you learn to walk properly? How often do you have to dive into the water before you can swim like a master?
And how often do you have to try, before you succeed in creating an ultra-profitable business? For some people 1 test is sufficient, for others it will take several tests.
However, many people give up on the first failure! The world of business is not for everyone.
For these people, there will be no second try because they lack the essential entrepreneurial characteristics that must have any person to succeed in business.
The spirit of enterprise is not innate, it acquires with time and work. So I invite you to take stock and see if you really have what it takes to succeed in the highly competitive world of business.
10 characteristics of an entrepreneurWhat are the essential entrepreneurial characteristics that you must possess to become an entrepreneur and launch you efficiently in the creation of business?
1. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS WANTING INDEPENDENCEThis is the common denominator for all entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs want to take control of their future! As a result, they decide to become their own boss rather than work under the supervision of "a master." An entrepreneur has a strong sense of independence and a craving to move forward with an avowed goal of making money on his own through hard work that does not scare him.
2. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS SHOWING DETERMINATIONThe world of business is marked by failures and mini successes. All entrepreneurs have experienced a failure at some point in their lives. But the outstanding quality of entrepreneurs who have succeeded despite these failures is the relentless pursuit of their goal despite the obstacles and disappointments they may have encountered on their way.
Frédéric Mazzella, the founder of BLABLACAR in 2004, had to wait 7 years before his company became profitable. The author himself said he was ready to eat pasta again until his business became profitable.
Or, Sébastien Forest, the founder of ALLORESTO. His company had to file for bankruptcy, but it did not give up and decided to go into debt to relaunch his business. Today, ALLORESTO generates more than 44 million euros of turnover per year.
This persistence and determination of an entrepreneur are fueled by his ardent desire to achieve his goal and a desire for success.
3. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS HAVING SELF-CONFIDENCEAn entrepreneur has confidence in himself, believes in his abilities and makes every effort to achieve his goals in the short, medium and long term. The business world is very competitive, and there is, unfortunately, no room for the shy. Belief in one's capabilities is crucial to achieving any goal, especially in the world of entrepreneurship.
4. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS BEING CREATIVEIn the business world, you can not afford to be complacent and not creative, unless you want to file for bankruptcy.
That's why you need to be creative, you will need to be able to think of new ideas, otherwise, conceptualize a need and find new ways to solve a problem. In this way, you can make sure you stay ahead of your competitors. Creative people are naturally curious, open, insatiable and flexible. They know how to observe their environment with the curiosity of a child and have the eye to identify new trends that may be tomorrow's opportunities.
Also read: 10 Ultimate Success Tips For Business Startups
5. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS ENJOYING HARD WORKThis trait is essential! In the business world, there can be no success without hard work. If you like to count your working hours and reluctant to work late at night; If during the weekend you prefer to bask in front of an episode of experts rather than working on your business plan, then it is very likely that the creation of business is not made for you.
6. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS GIVING PROOF OF RESISTANCE TO FAILUREAs mentioned above, a real entrepreneur is aware that failure is inseparable from any company. Not all actions performed can achieve total success. As a result, an entrepreneur must always be prepared to face calculated risks and this regardless of the future consequences for his business. Entrepreneurs need to have the courage to face failure and have the ability to get up and go stronger. Indeed, a successful entrepreneur must never give up and go forward, even if the failure temporarily blocks his path.
7. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS HAVING AN ORGANIZATION FOCUSED ON OBJECTIVESA good entrepreneur has the ability to consolidate his resources and knows the value of a good team in the business. All efforts should focus on achieving the overall goal. A real entrepreneur organizes and standardizes each of his actions so that he spends as little time as possible on completing a task and delegates non-strategic tasks to focus on what he should do first: sale.
8. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS BEING VISIONARYAn entrepreneur has a clear vision of his future. He is guided by an ideal which carries him into all the efforts he undertakes. This vision is realized by short, medium or long-term objectives, and all these objectives are there for the realization of a global ideal.
Also read: 8 Business Advice From a Father to His Son
9. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR IS THE COMMITMENTAn entrepreneur can not succeed if he gives up the first sign of difficulty. The commitment to his business must be total!
When the difficulties arrive, we tend to remain inert, without reaction, thinking that things are going to be able to arrange themselves and that we must wait because the wheel of luck will eventually turn ... It is a mistake! Because you take the risk that the situation gets bogged down and ends up filing for bankruptcy! An entrepreneur is a go-getter, he does not wait for goals to come to him, he will seek and achieve his goals.
10. BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR MEANS HONESTY AND HONORThe last important trait of a good entrepreneur is the honesty he shows in all his business relationships and personal relationships, whether with a partner of companies, his employees or investors.
Being upright and honest in her boots is not within everyone's reach.
Also, some job sites offer personality tests. These tests will help you to verify that your character is well adapted to the life of an entrepreneur.
Also read: Business-Success: 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Startup
If you possess the character traits cited above, then you definitely have what it takes to become an entrepreneur and succeed in the business world.
So, do you think you possess everything you need to be a successful businessman?