10 Things You Simply Must Do to Succeed In 20175:24 PM
For this year, what you need to do to be successful? If you want to be successful, you should set realistic goals that not only bring yo...
For this year, what you need to do to be successful? If you want to be successful, you should set realistic goals that not only bring your business to success but also help your personal and professional growth.
New Year New Life. Although this popular phrase is not quite true, what is a truth is that the end of the year invites us to reflect on what worked and what did not, so that we can set goals for the next is better.
This exercise can be especially useful for entrepreneurs who need to grow their business, and at the same time try to balance something in their personal life.
1. Grow your businessIf you have already dared to take the first step (start your business), the next is to do everything possible to grow it. Although this is not completely dependent on the entrepreneur because there are internal and external factors that influence, much of the success of a company is in who runs it.
If you do not have an online presence or if you do not dedicate enough effort, it's time to do it. Create a digital strategy that allows you to position yourself and your company in the market. This includes creating a website, social networking, SEO and e-commerce.
Recommended: 5 tips to improve your life and become more productive
2. Find good collaboratorsA successful entrepreneur knows that the key to his success lies in human capital and that he must surround himself with talented people who can bring something different and valuable to his company. If you still do not integrate employees or partners into your team, you will probably have to do so in 2017. In your search, make sure you get the best and that your philosophy is aligned with that of your company; Remember that the first people in a company are the ones who define their course.
3. Innovate in one or several areas of the businessInnovation is fundamental to any organization. Check your processes, products or services and identify the main areas of improvement and consider how to seek innovative solutions for them. It is the only way to stay relevant in the market.
Do not be afraid to take risks and do new things. Small changes in your marketing strategy, human resources, and promotion can drastically alter the direction of your business and give you the push you need.
4. Approaching mentorsAll entrepreneurs need to have mentors to guide them and give them tools to be better. If you do not already have people like that, start the search next year; If you already have them, force yourself to have a constant and valuable contact with them. Remember that a mentor can give you excellent advice to connect with key players in the industry.
Also read: Four ways to grow your business
5. Take care of your healthIf your company is new, it is likely that during 2014 you have neglected your health very much. You sleep a little, you eat badly and you do not exercise. For the next year try to improve your eating habits and sleep, as well as exercise and practice meditation every day. Keep in mind that your health influences your performance and, in the long run, neglecting it can cause physical and mental damage.
6. Take advantage of networking opportunitiesEven if you are shy or shy with the excuse of "I don't have time", networking is vital for an entrepreneur, especially in its early stages. Create an agenda of the main events that you want to attend in the year, and try not to miss them. Also consider cultivating past relationships and getting in touch with former colleagues, friends, and peers.
Also read: 7 Strategic startup development rules
7. Be more productiveIt is not about working more, but working better. Make a point of getting rid of the main distractions (like your cell phone, e-mail, calls or social networks) and concentrate more on your tasks. Make a working outline that will help you be more effective and reduce your stress level.
8. Cultivate your professional and personal growthAn entrepreneur should never stop learning. Make it a purpose of learning new skills, follow your education and carry out activities that reinforce your memory and concentration. For example, learning a new language will help you increase your brain connections and facilitate decision making. So look for activities or subjects that interest you, but also serve to create contacts and increase your leadership.
9. Be generousMake social and environmental responsibility part of you and your business. Apply eco-friendly practices in your company, join as a volunteer to a foundation and, if possible, financially support any cause you care about. In addition to improving the image of your company and helping your community and the planet, you will have a satisfaction that will allow you to achieve a fuller personal life.
10. Do not neglect your family and friendsWhen you are an entrepreneur you have very little time for your loved ones. However, these people can be your greatest motivation and support. Even if your calendar is always full, try to dedicate days or hours just for them. When having a coffee with a friend, having dinner with your partner or playing with your children, disconnect from technology and work to give them quality time.
What another purpose will you set for 2017?