How To Be a Good Leader? 10 Qualities For Great Leadership9:28 AM
Inspire and empower others in your industry to become a great leader . Most of the people dreams to ...
Inspire and empower others in your industry to become a great leader. Most of the people dreams to be a good leader, at least once. But they don't motivate to achieve the best leadership. What makes a great leader? No one achieve leadership by born, its a skill, it's have to earn by doing well communication and developing your career.
If you really wants to be a good leader, Follow this guide manage your business towards success and motivating your employees.
Let's be honest: being a leader is not easy. The good news is that we have compiled a list of great tips that will help you manage your business as a great boss.
How to be a good leader?Build a community to become a leader then develop your skill to lead people on your way. Do anything you really love to do, and passionate about. Leadership is a art, everyone can't achieve it. Some gets it by bor and some earn by learning.
"Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work." --Seth Godin Tweet
1. Guide with the example.Leaders need to act not just talk. If you want your employees to be punctual, make sure you arrive on time or at least early. If professionalism is a priority, dress for success and treat everyone with courtesy.
2. A little humility will take you away.There is a big difference between being a leader and a boss. Although both are in charge, but a leader shares the limelight and feels comfortable giving the credit to others as well. Although it seems counterproductive, being humble will give you more confidence. Your employees will appreciate it and your customers will appreciate it too.
Also read: How To Be a Good Leader: Characteristics, Skills and More
3. Communicate effectively.This is imperative, both in the office and in your personal life. Great leaders make sure they are heard and understood, but they also know it is important to listen. Communication is a two-way street and knowing how to take advantage of it will make your business grow, rather than slow down.
4. Make your meetings productive.As the saying goes, time is money. So you should learn to save time, especially at meetings. If you trust that your team will do the job, there should be no need to resort to micromanagement.
5. Know your limits.Even the most kind and attentive leader has its limits. Establish them and watch them. If others know what you will not tolerate there will be less frustration, that will avoid confusion.
Also read: 101 Wise Ways to Express Your Love As a Good Leader
6. Find a mentor.The best leaders know when they need help and know where to go to get it. Nobody knows everything, so find someone you trust to advise you when things get difficult.
7. Be emotionally aware.Although many people advise that you separate the emotions of business, negotiations are relationships with people. To make them last, you need to be emotionally intelligent to be sensitive to different points of view.
Also read: 7 Ways to be a great leader
8. Beware of (and avoids) common leadership mistakes.Everyone is wrong, but some mistakes can be avoided. Not to repeat them, you must be aware of them without obsessing.
9. Learn from the past.The story, recent or past, is full of successful business models and major failures. Think of the people you admire and find out what went wrong for those who ended their careers with some scandal.
10. Never stop improving.Great leaders are constantly learning. There will always be something you can work on or a new skill to master. Make sure you have your mind open to new ideas and possibilities.
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway." --Eleanor Roosevelt Tweet
If you have these characteristics within your personality, you already have half of the road gained in the task of becoming a good leader, if not, try to develop them by focusing on them to build your career. Sooner or later we will be a great leader.
Also read: 15 Most important characteristic to be a good leader
Effective leadership practicesHave confidence in yourself, focus on your abilities, convince yourself that you have what it takes.
- Make the decisions you think fit without hesitation, you must know how to give direction to ideas and you know what it takes to materialize them.
- Communicate clearly what you want and how you want it.
- Do not ask for what you can not give. The excellence that you demand from those who follow you must be the same that you bring, lead by example.
- Commit to your tasks, your ideas, your work within that group.
- Be disciplined, it often takes a lot of work to carry out a project ahead by keeping your followers engaged, planning, rules and setting priorities is essential.
- Pay attention to the details and not only those related to the work, also those that refer to those who follow you, know their names, their stories, let them know that you care.
- Delegate to others you trust to make your time more productive.
- Accept change as a natural thing that can nurture your goals instead of being an obstacle for them.