How to Be Happy: 3 Biblical Secret to Find Real Happiness5:35 AM
Happiness is all around you; within you! But the only problem is that you are looking for it in the wrong places . Happiness is accessible ...
Happiness is all around you; within you! But the only problem is that you are looking for it in the wrong places. Happiness is accessible because it lies within yourself. All you have to do is to identify it, become optimistic in difficult situations and choose to be happy deliberately.
While many people believe that happiness is crucial for living a healthy life, many people think that happiness appears dependent, conditional and elusive on a number of factors other than themselves. Have you ever considered that happiness may be more connected to you and your behavior more than any other circumstances?
“Happiness is the absence of trying to strive for happiness.” ~Chuang Zi.
Secret for Real Happiness
What is Attitude?
In psychology, an attitude is an expression of favor or disfavor toward a person, place, thing, or event (the attitude object'). Prominent psychologist Gordon Allport once described attitudes "the most distinctive and indispensable concept in contemporary social psychology." (Source: Wikipedia)
Also read: 13 Science-Baked Ways To Be Happier
Recommended: Science-of-Happiness: Why Do We Feel Happy?
You can’t control what happens in life, but you can control your attitude. Choose to have a positive attitude no matter what your situation. When you choose to have a positive attitude life becomes an adventure instead of just a struggle. It;s been said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% is how you respond to what happens to you. So, respond to the life that happens around by choosing to have a positive attitude that’s how to be happy! The question then is how to have a positive attitude? Here are 3 Biblical principles to help.
3 Biblical Principles for Real Happiness
Here are three Biblical principles that will help you choose and keep a positive attitude;
1. Always Be Thankful.God has put you on this earth for a purpose. He has saved you and blessed you with life. Every day look for things to be thankful for. Be thankful for having another day to live, for the air you breath, for God’s mercy and grace in your life, for every good and perfect gift that comes from the Lord, for being saved, for the family that you have, and the list goes on.
Too often we find it easier to complain about things in life than to be thankful. There are many things in life you probably take for granted. God has blessed you in more ways than you can count. Count your blessing one by one. Be grateful for what you do have. “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18) Always be thankful it is a key to having a positive attitude and real happiness.
Recommended Article to read:
- 10 Relationship Stages That All Couples Go Through
- The Mystery of Love-Science: Why Do You Fall in Love?
- Five Steps to Finding Happiness at Work
2. Keep God First in Your Life.Putting God first means making Him a priority in your life. When God is a priority you seek Him, obey Him, honor Him and worship Him. Proverbs 28:14 says, “Happy is the man who is always reverent…” When you put God first and keep Him first in your life it builds your faith and trust in Him. Proverbs 16:20 tells us, “Whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.”
It is easy to let the business of life and the cares of the world to knock God out of first place. Guard against that happening. When you keep God first He takes care of all the things you have need of. “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. ” (Matthew 6:33) Keeping God first it is a key to having a positive attitude and real happiness.
3. Depend on the Strength of Christ.Choosing to have a positive attitude is not something you can do in your own strength. It is not by might nor by power, but by the Spirit. (Zechariah 4:6) Yes you have to make the decision that you’re going to have a positive attitude, but it takes the greater one in you to be able to follow through. It is easy to become critical and negative and if you do your attitude will go south and so will your happiness.
Also read: Choose to Forgive, Because You Deserve to Be Happier
The secret that the Apostle Paul learned in Philippians 4 for true contentment and happiness was relying on the strength of Christ. He said, “I can to all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13) If you try to have a positive attitude in the flesh you’ll fail. Instead depend on the strength of Christ in you it is a key to having a positive attitude and real happiness.
How to be a happy in life is found in having a positive attitude. Having a positive attitude is a matter of choice. So, choose to have a positive attitude – that’s how to be happy in life.