10 Morning Habits of Highly Successful People2:42 PM
Start your day with habits that enhance productivity and motivation, you'll find you' re inspired to upgrade your habits in every as...
Start your day with habits that enhance productivity and motivation, you'll find you'
What do highly successful entrepreneurs and executives do upon waking up in the morning? Here are ten of them:
1. Wake up really earlyI am not a natural morning person, but the top successful people are.You know that time is an invaluable asset. Highly successful people take it up a notch by waking up at 5:30 am, 4:30 am and even 4:00 am. Not only will they have more control in their early hours, they’ll also have more opportunities to do things that matter to them.
Start with waking up 15 minutes earlier than your usual time. Then, gradually adjust.
2. Burn your caloriesWe don’t mean just the intense exercise regimen – you can simply do yoga, like Christies CEO Steve Murphy does. Exercise will not just make you think clearer, be healthier and scientifically happier, it allows you to combat stress as well.
Make time for exercise. An hour-long routine seems too daunting, so try running, dancing or even walking around the neighborhood for at least ten minutes.
3. Do an “Hour of Power”Motivation doesn’t last forever, so you need to replenish yours regularly. Highly successful people know this, so they dedicate ample time to increase their supply. You’re more likely to continue accomplishing a task once you’re emotionally invested in it, right?
Spend thirty minutes listening to inspirational anecdotes and empowering quotes.
4. Jot down on your gratitude journalHappiness is about wanting the things that you already have. By enumerating the blessings they’re grateful for, highly successful people become more open to optimism and inspiration and improve their outlook in life.
Everyday, write down at least one thing that you’re thankful for. Learn to count the small wins.
5. Ask yourself one important question
“If today was the last day of your life, would you still want to do what you’re about to do today?”This hard-hitting question gets you right where it wants you. If you find yourself saying “no” several times in a week, then go out there and change something. You never know when you’ll have the opportunity to do it the next time.
6. Eat that frog firstIn the morning, the willpower of highly successful people is fresh and ready to go. So, this is the best time to take advantage of it – do your hardest task, your “frog” first. This way, you’re more likely to get it done and you’re more likely to finish it without other people barging in on you.
Choose your “frog” of the day – only one – and stick to completing it before you even get to eat breakfast.
7. Connect with your partnerUse your morning hours to reconnect with your partner. Talk about your plans, your finances and even your beloved hobbies as a way to always be present in their lives. In the morning, highly successful people know that you’ll have more energy and more focus so making this a ritual is paramount. You can even set up one day of the week as your “breakfast date”. Go to the nearest cafe for breakfast or run around the neighborhood with your partner. It may do wonders for your relationship.
8. Plan and strategizeIf you don’t take a few minutes of your time to map out the direction of your day, how will you know if you’re headed towards the right direction? Take at least 10 minutes of your day to visualize your life goals, review your tasks for the day and allot schedules for breaks. It’ll help your day be more manageable and less stressful.
9. Meditate and clear your mindKeep calm and let your inner peace guide you: spend a few minutes to say a prayer or to meditate to keep you relaxed. Remember, 90% of illnesses are stress-related, so forget the rush, don’t dash and enjoy a few “hush” moments with yourself. Focus on your breathing. You may even recite an empowering mantra during your routine.
10. Reconnect with Friends& Family.Your friends and family are your supportive nets, to catch you if you fall and to support you in your time of need. Make time to put them into your diary. Call up your mum? Text your dad? email your friend? because you never know someone may really need someone to listen to or even know that your there and you care.
I hope this makes you take note of what successful people do to achieve greatness but also it shows how to prioritize your time and make your week a happy one.