15 Low-Cost Home Business Ideas That Anyone Can Start6:59 PM
Thinking to startup & ready to take on the world of entrepreneurship ? Looking on how to start ...
Thinking to startup & ready to take on the world of entrepreneurship? Looking on how to start a small business but don't have much money? This article has fifteen low cost startup ideas that will help you find a business to fit your budget.
Even though I wasn’t making very much at the time, when I got laid off a couple years ago I was very happy that I had started a side business that was another source of income. Even if you don’t have aspirations of working full-time from home, having a little supplemental income would be nice – wouldn’t it?
Here are few home based business ideas you can try out:
but before you start a business I strongly recommend you to avoid these 10 mistakes.
Recommended reading list:
7 Things to Consider Before Starting Your Own Business
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Naming Your Business
7 Tips for Small Business Startup Success
1. Candle-makingA few years ago I started making my own beeswax candles – because they were so stinking expensive to buy. In the process of learning, I found that there are a lot of people who use candle-making as a home business. You can sell to your products online at places like Etsy.com or Ebay.com.
2. Woodworking businessDo you love woodworking? Even without a huge workshop, you can create some of the more popular crafts and sell them. And like most things, your success in business isn’t necessarily related to how skilled you are as a woodworker. So if you can figure out which products consumers want and just create those, you could have a good business plan. Etsy.com and farmers’ markets are a great place to start selling.
Also read: Start Up Financing and the Importance of your Business Plan
3. E-commerce – The Best Business to Start From HomeCan you produce a marketable product? Do you have something that people may want to buy? If you can give a positive answer to each of these questions than you already have the potential to create a great home based business. All you need to do is create a website that will provide you with an online presence and a platform to sell their products or services. It is not so difficult, and there is a wide range of solutions available that you can watch. In any case, this may be one of the best ideas of small business in the country, which only requires a lot of work on your behalf.
Also read: 11 Things Should Not Do As An Entrepreneur to Be Successful
4. Sewing BusinessSewing can take you far these days if it’s a hobby that you’re really good at. From custom curtain making and embroidery to alterations and restoring vintage garments, you can market your business to many people in your area while working from the comfort of your own home.
You might want to specialize in a certain niche like weddings and create custom bridal veils or you can target friends and families of infants by creating quilts and other gifts for babies.
To make your business stand out among any other competitors, emphasize the fact that your creations are handmade and custom. This will almost always resonate positively with customers since most people usually favor smaller, more intimate businesses that personalize the customer experience over large commercialized businesses.
You can also stand out by having fast turnaround times, free local pickup and delivery and customer referral incentives and themed discounts.
5. Buy and Sell cars for profitIf you love cars and aren’t afraid to haggle, you could start a car flipping biz. We have a friend of the family who has done this for years. He scours the classified listings for deals, lands a good deal and then drives the car while trying to sell it for a couple grand more. Sometimes he sells them quickly, sometimes it takes a little longer, but he gets to drives lots of cars (which he loves) and makes a nice side income as well.
Also read: 10 Tips on How to Get Motivated as an Entrepreneur
6. Clothing BusinessApparel or garment clothing business is easy to start and requires much less capital. You can start a small clothing business from home. You do not need a large warehouse or store, to start a business. Apparel business can make a profit from day one.
7. Travel AgentLove to travel? If you’ve become an expert on staying organized when planning the perfect trip, you might enjoy launching a work-from-home travel agent business. You can work with a well-known agency or branch off on your own and build up you own client base.
Start with helping family and friends plan their trip. Then, connect with local businesses and retail shops to see if you can advertise your services or create a partnership. If you have a local travel store in your area that sells luggage and other gear for travelers, you might want to see you could ask them to give you a referral to their customers and you can do the same when you work with travelers who might still need supplies.
You can also host free online webinars and tutorials to reel in more clients. People love freebies.
8. Real estate Consultant:Real estate is always a darling of many but not all can invest in it and reap the rewards of this industry. However, you can still be associated with it by being a consultant. There are prerequisites though. You need to obtain a license for being a real estate consultant and you have to be well versed in the surrounding areas. You will also have to network with other real estate consultants. Certain properties maybe available with others and when your clients need something similar, you will have to work with those consultants who have them, and share the commission. The standard rate of 1 to 2 % is what you can make on the total amount of deal.
9. Web DesigningThis business idea for the IT professionals. If you are an IT professionals you can start a web design business. Please note that this business requires skill, creativity and hard work.
10. Birthdays and Wedding Planning:Another cool business idea is to organize and manage events like birthdays and weddings. Unique themes and ideas sell fast and if you can think out of the box and are able to find people who can customize your stuff the way you envision and have a logistic support, even management is a good option to start journey as an entrepreneur. You will need to have a good network of vendors and suppliers of various requirements from flowers to cake and all in between. Logistics and time management skills will take you far in this business. Again the investment is not that much. You can rent a small office and also a website where you can list your portfolio and communicate with the clients.
11. Internet Marketing – The Best Home Based BusinessIf you do not have a profitable idea or product, you should not get discouraged because there are many other home based business ideas you can do. Internet marketing is undoubtedly one of them. This will require you to read the basic marketing techniques and how to create an appropriate online presence. It may take some time, but once you have it, it will certainly become one of the best jobs in the home, who could ever commit. This is definitely one of the best small business ideas and tend to show great potential. The best thing about this is that you do not have to leave the comfort of your home, and you can also focus on your family.
Related: 10 Business Ideas You Can Launch in 7 Days
12. Gift BusinessThe idea is for the creative person. Today, people are looking for a unique gift for any occasion. If you can make a unique gift for them, this business is only for you.
13. Teach English (or other Language) Classes OnlineDid you know that English speakers are in high demand in Asia? As a result many are turning to freelance English teachers using websites like Italki.com. The site is basically a virtual online classroom for freelance teachers and students. Anyone can offer lessons (and set their own price) and anyone can take lessons.
From a quick scan, it looks like making $15-20/hour is a fair expectation.
14. Mobile Oil ChangesBuilding off the previous idea, what if you offered a service where you came to the customer’s house and changed the oil in the street? I would pay to do that – and would be willing to pay more since I didn’t even have to do anything but make a phone call.
Also read: 10 Super Low-Cost Business Ideas That Anyone Can Start
15. Gift Basket-Making BusinessFrom corporate parties to baby showers, holidays and birthdays, gift baskets can be tailored to suit the taste of anyone. Gift basket entrepreneurs need a flair for the creative and the design ability to buy gifts and tuck them into baskets, decorative tins, boxes or bags. Attractive packaging is an important part of the gift basket business. You can't just throw some objects together and stick on a bow.
Market your gift baskets by taking photos of them. Prepare a brochure listing the contents of each basket and its price. You can sell your baskets online, to corporate offices, through mail order and in local shops.
There are many ways in which you might want to take into consideration if you want to start making money from home. You just need to focus on the best home based business ideas and make sure to convert one or more of them in reality. Good Luck.
If you loved this article to read please consider us to share it on social media to reach more people so they may get it helpful too. Also lets get social with us: Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram