10 Tips To Stay Motivated While Working From Home5:30 PM
If you ask me to know how I stay motivated working from home. I have my own business’s and strug...
If you ask me to know how I stay motivated
working from home. I have my own business’s and struggle with
motivation, staying on track and being productive throughout the working
Since I work from home, this feeling of staying motivated while working from home is very overwhelming. It can be tough to stay motivated in any job, especially when work from home. I know having own business means more work more ways to spread your creativity.
I’m hoping what I share with you today, will help you stay motivated whilst working from home.
- Set your intention for the day, from the minute you wake. Make sure you start your day in a positive way, exercise first thing in the morning, healthy breakfast, spend some time alone, meditate, journal, and then you’re ready for a productive day.
- Dress like you are going into the office for the day. This is vital, you must feel like you’re in a working environment. What you wear makes you feel different instantly.
- Define your work space, separate work from home. Make sure you have a working space preferably a room, it doesn’t have to be big, but at least a space where you can call it an office. A room where you can set up your computer, paperwork, files etc so it feels like a work environment.
- Set your working hours. Like you would if you were working in an office, be strict, this will force you into a good routine.
- Schedule breaks throughout your day. Morning and afternoon tea breaks and a lunch break. Make sure you leave your office, sit outside if it’s a beautiful day or at least eat in a different part of the house, even go for a short walk. Change environments throughout the day, will keep you stimulated.
- Put your phone on silent throughout the day whilst you are working. I can’t tell you how much of a difference this makes to the productivity of your day.
- Be strict on social arrangements. When I first started to work from home, I remember friends trying to arrange catch ups during my working week, because I worked at home they thought it was really convenient, I could catch up at anytime. You can fall into this trap very easily.
- When you finish your working day, make sure you stop working. Turn the computer off, tidy the desk and close the office door until the next day. Define your spaces, work and home.
- Each Sunday night set 3 goals for the coming week. Email your goals through to your mentor, coach, or friend, this makes you accountable. It seems like a simple task, that could get boring over time, but it really does make a difference to your working week. This is where the self motivation and commitment needs to come in, make a commitment and stick to it.
- If you’re having a challenging day, call a friend and release your frustrations, go for a short walk or meditate. Make sure you take a short period of time to release the stress and then refocus straight away, otherwise you will find you’ll be day dreaming all day and getting nothing done.
Sending you lots and lots of love for a beautiful week.