The Do's & Don'ts for Building a Successful Brand3:27 PM
As people unite with their names and become more meaningful, products, services and companies also ...
As people unite with their names and become more meaningful, products,
services and companies also unite with their names and they survive with
them. The brand name must complete the inside and the outside of the
brand and match with its strategy because the brand name is the driving
force behind the brand’s communication strength that creates a spot for
the brand in people’s hearts and minds.
Read: 7 Ways to Pick the Best Brand Name for Your Business
Also read: 6 Memory Factors to Consider as You Craft Your Brand Name
Then a great idea comes to mind: “We should find an expert” But there is not enough time to talk about the brand and let it be analyzed. “We need a name by tomorrow. We need to get it registered.” This is how the brand name is ordered. However, the best name can be “created” after a deep analysis of the brand, after understanding its strategy, its story and its objectives. There is a good chance that the name would be wrong if enough time is not spent to understand the brand.
Do not say “what is so difficult in finding a name? I can just get a dictionary and chose a name that I like” or “my cousin is very creative, I am sure he can find a good name for me”. Finding the right brand name is not that easy. Do not underestimate it. You cannot find the right name while you are in the shower, or while you are driving, or you are brainstorming. The brand name should be registerable so it can be protected. It should deliver some ideas, some messages about the brand. It should be supporting its strategy. It should be different than the competitors’. And so on.
Here are some right and wrong things to do while finding a brand name:
Do not believe you can find the right name while doing the following (there might be some exceptions)
- Calling your creative cousin or nephew for help
- Half an hour brainstorming with a group of friends or co-workers
- Looking at a dictionary
- Surfing on the internet
So, how can you find the right brand name?
Yes, you can do the things above as well. However, additionally you need to be doing the following:
- Analyze your brand deeply
- Understand your brand’s strategy
- Define the brand’s personality
- Know well about the product or service
- Have a good knowledge of different languages
- Know the power and the meanings of letters
- Do some research in various books and different fields of study
- Consider semantics and morphology
- Be creative and create as many different alternatives as possible
- Group various thoughts and be able to control them
- Develop creativity in the limits set by the strategy