How to use Instagram for Business: 4 Key Steps for Beginners3:20 PM
Instagram is one of the top social media channels in terms of growth. According to Global Web Index...
- It is mobile driven. You can post only using the mobile app; no wonder it has taken off in a big way in this smartphone-dominated internet era.
- It gives you only one link (URL) for marketing your business. There is no provision for adding website links or URLs in the posting text. The only link you can post is the link in your profile (bio).
- It is a visual channel focused on images (and short videos). Visual component is more prominent than the written description.
- It has filters and sophisticated inbuilt editing options that capture good photos and videos
- It is driven by hashtags and geotags (location tags)
- It has a user-friendly UI with a magazine layout for the news feed
- The simplicity and ‘instant’ nature of the channel is designed to keep users highly engaged.
- Instagram is owned by Facebook. So, it leverages the user-base and reach of the world’s largest social media channel. For example: You can run your Facebook ad campaigns in Instagram with a single click, right within Facebook ads dashboard. That is how closely integrated the two channels are. So, if you use Facebook for marketing and your business can be represented visually, then Instagram should be a natural choice for you.
How to use Instagram for Business: 4 Steps for Beginners
Step #1: List down your objectives – Why do you need to be on Instagram?
Some of the other objectives could be:
- Increase in website traffic
- Building a loyal audience and following
- Instant announcements to your audience
- Showcasing your best products
- Launching new products and services
- Promoting new deals and offers
- Showcasing your company culture
- Attracting partners by showcasing your business values, etc.