How to Make an Amazing First Impression9:49 AM
First impressions are super important. When we meet someone, we make snap judgments and opinions ab...
First impressions are super important. When we meet
someone, we make snap judgments and opinions about them. Even though
this might not be fair, it’s true. And once we have that original
opinion of them, it takes a longer time to change it than it did to
create it. You only get one chance to make a good first impression, so
you want to make sure that it’s perfect. Whether you’re meeting a new
date, an interviewer, a client, or anyone else – you feel pressured to
impress them. Here are a 6 simple tips to help you make an amazing first
impression, no matter who it’s for.
1. Dress AppropriatelyYou don’t need to spend a ridiculous amount of time getting ready for whatever the occasion is. Just make sure that you take the time to think about what you’re wearing. For instance, you probably don’t want to wear your “date night” dress to a job interview. Just like you probably don’t want to wear a pants suit to a date. If you’re not sure what to wear, you could always ask a friend for their opinion. Also, make sure you look neat and clean – and go easy on the perfume or cologne so you don’t overwhelm anyone.’
2. Smile and Seem Approachable“You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” A smile is a powerful tool. No matter who you’re meeting with, you don’t want to seem distant or unapproachable. You want to seem friendly and open, and a smile is a great way to convey that. Plus, people are more likely to trust people who smile a lot because it makes others seem more positive and safe.
3. Show ConfidenceEven though you might be secretly nervous, you need to try to exude confidence. People are more attracted to people who are self-assured – whether it be when hiring an employee or when looking for a romantic partner. And if you’re not really confident? Fake it ’til you make it – they won’t be able to tell the difference!
4. Pay Attention to Your Body LanguageThis sort of goes along with number 3, but make sure you pay attention to your body language. Body language is an easy way to tell how a person is feeling. You can tell whether they’re confident, relaxed, bored, etc. Don’t fidget, bite your nails, twirl your hair, or anything like that. Make sure that you’re sitting or standing straight, but seem relaxed too. And remember to make eye contact!
5. Act Interested in Meeting the PersonIt’s important that you show this person that you actually want to be wherever you are. If you act like you had to be dragged there or you’d rather be somewhere else, they’ll be able to tell. Make sure that you’re conversational and engaging, but give them a chance to talk too. Just give off the vibe that you’re really interested in meeting them.
6. Be YourselfWhen you’re pretending to be someone who you’re not, it’s usually easy to see through. So even though you’re doing all of these things to make a good first impression, don’t forget to just try to relax and be yourself. It’ll make you seem much more authentic and likeable.
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to share this post on social media and: