Entrepreneurship In a Changing World6:36 PM
Becoming more entrepreneurial, for your career or your own venture, requires skills and knowledge t...
Becoming more entrepreneurial, for your career or your own venture,
requires skills and knowledge that can be learned and developed. I believe an entrepreneur can change the world and can make the world heavenly.
Also Read: 7 Reasons Why Most Entrepreneurs Fail in Business
These business developments and ongoing employment vagaries have caused many people to question where the downsizing and loss of jobs will end. What will happen to those who still want to work, have meaningful employment and a purpose in life? How can people live a fulfilling life if they can never find employment?
Entrepreneurship is critically important in this new and changing world because it allows individuals to be in charge of their own destiny, capitalize on their skills and feel motivated to create their own future.
Aslo Read: 7 Characteristics Of a Good Entrepreneur
In fact, entrepreneurship and the skills associated with entrepreneurship are equally important for both organization and for individuals who want to forge their own career path. This is because, at its very essence, entrepreneurship is developing an idea through to action.
Entrepreneur comes from the French terminology meaning someone who 'organizes or operates a business'. Entrepreneurship is characteristic by a set of skills that include:
- having a vision
- creating new ideas and developing the associated processes
- using your personal skills and talents
- planning to take measured risks to achieve an outcome.
People who are successful as entrepreneurs have identified three key pillars that form the foundations of entrepreneurship:
Also read: 7 Signs You're Meant to Be an Entrepreneur
- knowledge and skills to become an entrepreneur
- life experiences with entrepreneurship either through family or other contacts
- access to resources such as finance to start the venture.
- understanding yourself and your interests, goals and motivations
- creative problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- ways to identify opportunities, generate ideas and make things happen
- being able to present ideas, build relationships and negotiate.
They are important when you apply for and find a job, and stay employed in an organization, as well as when you start your own venture. In the complex world we live in, understanding our strengths, talents and abilities is crucial. Only then is it possible for entrepreneurship to flourish.