10 Productivity Hacks Every Small Business Owner Can Benefit From8:43 PM
Productivity is the combination of intelligent planning and focused efforts . Is your productivity a...
undesirable at one point or another. Since they have to get done, tackle them first and get them out of the way. They will continue to be on your mind if you constantly avoid them, which will drag down your overall productivity. Get them done first, cross them off your list, and you won't have to think about them any more.
Also read: Choose Slower Pastimes To Be More Productive
2. Take advantage of technology as much as possible.Look for apps and tools that can help you complete tasks more efficiently and stay organized. Don't be afraid to try new apps or tools and see how they impact your productivity. Need some app suggestions? Take a look at this list of productivity apps to find some that could help you.
3. Systemize and automate everything you can.Identify every moving part of your business, from your marketing process to your customer acquisition to purchase fulfillment and create ways to make every step easier. Is there a part of your business that slows you down or frustrates you? Find a way to make challenging aspects work on autopilot and it will free you up to tackle other responsibilities and make your business run smoother.
Also read: 10 Things High Achievers Do Differently
4. Knock out simple tasks as soon as they come in.If an email or task comes across your desk that you can accomplish in less than five minutes, do it right away. If you spend time scheduling the task for later it will end up taking you longer than five minutes in the long run. This eliminates a lot of wasted time.
5. Devote time every morning to exercising.Business owners work long hours and often sit behind computers for a majority of the day. This is a very unhealthy lifestyle, so combat this by getting some daily exercise in. Not only are people that exercise in the morning more likely to stick with it, but it also promotes higher quality sleep. A shorter quality sleep is more beneficial than a longer sleep of lower quality, and a deep sleep will make you more productive the next day. Prioritize your morning exercise just like you would a business meeting or conference call and don't miss it for any reason.
6. Set up an "offers" email address.Use a dedicated "offers" email address for newsletters, trials, etc. -- and don't check it as often. The less your phone is chiming with email notifications and your outlook is importing new messages, the less distracted you will be. Special offers, promotions and newsletters don't require your immediate attention. Check your offers email a couple evenings a week as you are ending your day to stay on top of it without it interfering with more important tasks.
7. Empower your team.When your team feels like they are all equal parts of your business it improves company morale as well as productivity. You shouldn't have to micromanage them -- if there are situations that require you to micromanage your team then you made the wrong hiring decisions.
Also read: 10 Things You Must Give Up To Be Successful