DIY Neon Concrete Block Planter: Creative Use of Concrete Blocks5:49 AM
DIY Tutorial DIY Modern, Neon Concrete Block Planter . Follow step- by-step instructions to make your Neon Concrete Block Planter. Concrete...
Lets Make This DIY Project of Neon Concrete Block Planter
- For small planter above – Six Concrete Blocks, 8″ x 8″ x 16″ (or eight for larger planter in images at end of post). Available at your local hardware store, usually under $2 each.
- Outdoor Spray Paint – I used Rust-Oleum Fluorescent Spray Paint, Fluor Yellow
in the image above, but it faded quickly in the sun. This year, I re-sprayed the blocks with Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel Spray Paint, Safety Yellow (see images at end of post).
- Drop Cloth – I used an old sheet
- Painter’s Tape
- Printer Paper for masking
- 1/4″ Wire Mesh
- Wire Cutters to cut mesh
- Crushed Stone for drainage
- Potting Soil
Step 3. Spray paint the block following the dry times and directions on your particular spray paint can. Each block will need at least two coats. You can easily make another mask and paint two or more blocks at a time. Pay attention to which sides of the blocks you are painting and be sure they correspond with the pattern you intend to create on the finished planter.