50 On-Page SEO Techniques for 201610:29 AM
Search Engine Optimization: To be on first page of SERP you must learn latest seo techniques. One of the main marketing strategies that can ...
Search Engine Optimization: To be on first page of SERP you must learn latest seo techniques. One of the main marketing strategies that can help online retailers build a successful Internet business is search engine optimization. But don't forget to practice only white hat SEO techniques?
What is White Hat SEO techniques?
Content is King
What is on page seo?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
55 effective SEO techniques to Practice to boost Website TrafficStructure-Based On-Page SEO
On Page SEO is about the user as well: Never forget that your primary target is to keep your users happy. Off Page SEO may bring traffic to the website but if it is not setup correctly, if it is not user friendly the results will be disappointing.
- URLs should include keywords to describe what your web page, article, post, etc. is all about.
- Like key words written in a title or page, key words located in the URL are very important for determining ranking. A readable URL has a higher chance of securing a better ranking than one that is barely readable to the human eye.
- Keywords in the URL help indicate to those who see your URL on social media, in an email, or as they hover on a link to click that they're getting to the expected source that they want to view, as shown in the page’s meta-filter.
- Dynamic parameters in URLs should be excluded whenever possible. If your URL has more than two, they should be re-written into readable text.
- Try to use URLs that have only key words. This can lead to a better ranking for your web page.
- Avoid using the automatically-generated Content Management System URLs. They can appear unattractive to viewers and could even be misleading. Using key words instead of automatically-fetched URLs helps viewers to preview the web page’s central idea before it loads on the screen.
- Do not use multiple versions of your URL.
- Separate your words using underscores or hyphens. Using spaces can make your URL appear awkward to readers and can possibly decrease your site’s ranking.
- Your keywords should appear in your web page’s title and in the first 100-150 words of written content.
- For content writing purposes, it is best to not belabor the viewer with a wordy or lengthy introduction. Headlines, titles, and body text should be written to the point.
- Feature key words as early as possible in your page’s title. Search engine algorithms place heavy emphasis on this when it comes to determining ranking.
- It is more convenient for search engines to pick-up on key words in an article or on a web page if they appear early as opposed to being located after a significant block of text.
- Bringing traffic to your blogis vital to the success of your website. The best way to direct web traffic to your pages is to rank highly on search engine results pages (SERPs), like Google or Bing. To achieve a high ranking, you need to be including targeted keywords in your blog posts and articles, so that people can find your site through search engines when they are looking for relevant information. Key words are what people search for on a search engine.
- You can wrap your title in H1 tags, but there is no need to over-optimize your in-text, subheading key words. You can do this by checking your website’s code.
- Optimizing headlining in this fashion allows for search engines to determine the web page’s readability.
- Is your headline readable and readily understood? Are the words arranged in a compelling way?
- When structuring your web page, it is wise to include a brief, concise snippet of information pertaining to the page’s content. Images can also be inserted into snippets.
- This can provide more information to search engines about your web page, and in turn, it may help you to outrank others who do not include this information or include less concise snippets.
- Meta descriptions are featured below your web page title listed on a search engine. They include about 100-160 characters of material that summarizes features and details on your web page.
- These short paragraphs are a webmaster’s opportunity to advertise content to searchers and to let them know exactly whether the given page contains the information they're looking for.
- Google announced in September of 2009 that meta descriptions and meta keywords do not factor into Google's ranking algorithms for web searches. Google uses the meta descriptions to yield results when searchers use advanced search operators to match meta tag content as well as to pull preview snippets on search result pages.
- The meta description should employ the keywords intelligently, but also should create a compelling description that a searcher will want to click.
- Direct relevance to the page and uniqueness between each page’s meta description is key. The description should optimally be between 150-160 characters.
- To allow web page viewers to fully use your web page, you can insert internal, in-text outlets to references or other information sources mentioned in your page’s content material. This is often termed as “anchor text.”
- Placing these in-text links should have the intent to make the viewer want to want more information about your content.
- Placement of these links should be easy for the viewer to access by clicking on a group of words in the text.
- Whether the internal link on your page leads to a download, another web page, or some other file type with the allotted content, its in-text location should be strategical based on your web page’s source content.
- If your website has links for sources in the text, the outbound link could bring an additional SEO boon to your web page.
- If the linked sources are relevant to what information you intend to portray on your web page and make readily available, the website can overall improve its reputation.
- Multiple outbound links for a website are also encouraged especially if the web page contains a high volume of text.
- Content writing should be related to the topic at hand and in turn, it should include synonymous words along with major key words.
- Search engines can also match your key words with key word variants. For example, an entered “pronoun usage” search could also yield “usage of pronouns” in the related searches area.
- Key words along with their variants on a web page also help to determine a page’s relevancy.
- When writing your URL, avoid jamming keywords together or have the same key words written right beside each other. Some searchers may be decide to search for another source if key words are clumped together in the URL.
- A lengthier work can often yield better search results than a page with limited information.
- It is crucial to not confuse a lengthier web page with a wordy or abstruse one.
- You can judge how long your web content should be based on if it covers the relevant information you show your viewers and meets their needs according to your purpose in providing the page to them. Be sure to double-check to see if the content leaves out specific details which could be useful or even imperative to your audience.
- Web content writers should strive to provide the highest of quality content to viewers with no spelling, grammatical errors, or plagiarism.
- You should avoid duplicating content without including references or writing the content in your own words.
- As of now there is no direct search or indication available on search engines as to distinguishing exactly which web pages are written with high-quality content except for notions of multiple shares on other websites/social media, and measuring repeated visitors and number of times the site was bookmarked.
- Web pages with social media sharing buttons have the capacity to gain more exposure to intended viewers.
- Search engines can notice if a particular web page is being shared in multiple web environments, including on major social media venues.
- Do not limit your web page by not sharing it on social media. Social media sharing in combination with proper SEO is a recipe for success.
- The overall design of your web page should be easy to navigate and pleasing to viewers’ eyes.
- In addition to a web page’s layout design, a mobile-ready version of the web page can give the page an edge in competition among other non-mobile friendly ones due to the increase in usage of mobile devices being used to browse the Web.
- In addition to text written on a web page, be sure to add rhetorically-sound multimedia such as photos or videos that can emphasize and benefit your text effect.
- Multimedia additions also can yield higher content value and increased viewership.
- Always consider how you organize or plan on organizing any on-page multimedia so that it is relevant to and can further enhance all of your written content.
- Ensure all pictures, videos, and the like all have key words in their upload files to maximize optimization.
- When you polish your content, check to see if the font, font size, or text grouping has any negative impact on the page’s readability.
- If viewers cannot read the text clearly or navigate through your web page, they are likely to search for another similar one in which they have a greater ease of reading or navigating.
- If a web page fails to load quickly not because there is a problem with the device’s internet connection but because the site speed is slow, a faster web site will have an edge in obtaining viewers.
- Speed optimization can be assessed with your hosting provider. You can also use a CDN, a tool to enable faster content delivery on a web page, to further your site’s speed optimization.