Turning 20 Memes: 20 Things to Know by 207:34 AM
Must do things to know by your age 20. Today I'm sharing some practical advice for young people...
Must do things to know by your age 20. Today I'm sharing some
practical advice for young people on how to properly get to grips with
the world in which we live. In order to become successful and
self-reliant by the time your 20, you must follow that there are certain
rules as well as certain things about the world which
you just have to know.
Here they all are:
1. The world is trying to keep you stupid. From bank fees to interest rates to miracle diets, people who are not educated are easier to get money from and easier to lead. Educate yourself as much as possible for wealth, independence, and happiness. Stay strong, make your mind prepare to protect the outer world being stupid.
2. She can't help it, no matter how much she loves you, she feels like she might express too much and need to take it back. That's where snarky comments and distance come in, but you've got to dig and notice the sweetness she might be trying to hide.
3. Read as much as you can. Learn to speed read with high retention.The more you read the more you learn.
4. Connect with everyone, all the time. Be honest about this. Be genuine about it. Learn to find something you like in each person, and then speak to that thing.
5. Don’t waste time being shy. Shyness is the belief that your emotions should be the arbitrators of your decision making process when the opposite is actually true. In my thoughts this is #1 in the list of 20 Things to Know by 20.
6. If you feel weird about something during a relationship, that’s usually what you end up breaking up over.
7. Have as much contact as possible with older people. The reason this is so valuable is because people your age don’t usually have the decision-making ability to help you very much. Also they know almost everything you will learn later, so ask them.
8. Find people that are cooler than you and hang out with them too. This is great to meet up with cool peoples. This and the corollary are both important: “don’t attempt to be average inside your group. Continuously attempt to be cooler than them (by doing cooler things, being more laid back, accepting, ambitious, etc.).“
9. You will become more conservative over time. This is just a fact. Those you surround yourself with create a kind of ”bubble“ that pushes you to support the status quo. For this reason, you need to do your craziest stuff NOW. Later on, you’ll become too afraid. Trust me.
10. Reduce all expenses as much as possible. I mean it. This creates a safety net that will allow you to do the crazier stuff I mentioned above.
11. She probably won't make the first move. And might ignore you the first time even if you do, but she's still down. Wait for the third.
12. While you are living on the cheap, solve the money problem. Use the internet, because it’s like a cool little machine that helps you do your bidding. If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck, extend that to three weeks instead of two. Then, as you get better, you can think a month ahead, then three months, then six, and finally a year ahead. (The goal is to get to a point where you are thinking 5 years ahead.)
13. Learn to program. This is a great way to develop your memory, imagination and logical thinking.
14. Get a six-pack (or get thin, whatever your goal is) while you are young. Your hormones are in a better place to help you do this at a younger age. Don’t waste this opportunity, trust me.
15. Learn to cook. This will make everything much easier and it turns food from a chore + expensive habit into a pleasant + frugal one. I’m a big Jamie Oliver fan, but whatever you like is fine.
16. Sleep well. This and cooking will help with the six pack. If you think “I can sleep when I’m dead” or ”I have too much to do to sleep,“ I have news for you: you are INEFFICIENT, and sleep deprivation isn’t helping.
17. Get a reminder app for everything. Do not trust your own brain for your memory. Do not trust it for what you ”feel like" you should be doing. Trust only the reminder app. I use RE.minder and Action Method.
18. Choose something huge to do, as well as allowing the waves of opportunity to help you along. If you don’t set goals, some stuff may happen, but if you do choose, lots more will.
19. Get known for one thing. I'm not sure what are you going to do in the next five years, plan yourself, what can be best for your life, career and relation. Spend like 5 years doing it instead of flopping around all over the place. If you want to shift afterwards, go ahead. Like I said, choose something. Everything up to you, yes you can control it.
20. Don’t try to “fix” anyone. Instead, look for someone who isn’t broken. Of-course sometime you need to show up to fix someone. But you should not, only give them a few advice, show they both way, rest of the decision they will take as well.
Read once again 20 Things to Know by 20, cause you forgot the first five line, share with friends if you love it.