14 Easy Ways to Grow Your Blog2:56 PM
S ometimes blogging can be VERY overwhelming. It’s a never-ending rat race of page views, sponsored posts, and making new friends online. I...
Sometimes blogging can be VERY overwhelming. It’s a never-ending rat
race of page views, sponsored posts, and making new friends online. I’m
here to tell you that you shouldn’t feel overwhelmed, and if you take
things one step at a time and focus on what you’re doing (and not what
anyone else is!), you will have a much stronger online presence. I’ve
worked with my October class of Bloggers Get Social to create these blog
posts to show you how easy it can be to grow your blog. Get ready to
take notes, because these are great ideas!
2. Update Instagram once a day. Use keyboard shortcuts to save your favorite hashtags to cultivate a new following.
3. Learn the basics of StumbleUpon. You may decide you don’t want to use it, but it is an EASY way to get traffic to your website if you do.
4. & 5. Take better pictures and learn how to edit them in Picmonkey. Picmonkey is FREE and there is no excuse to not lighten a too dark photo or crop to make a better photo.
6. & 7. Set aside time to blog and use a blog planner. If you make blogging a priority, it will become easier!
8. Pin away. Pinterest may have changed its algorithm to a “smart feed,” but don’t let that deter you from using the network. It is still my #1 traffic referrer.
9. Use a tool like Twitterfeed to automatically publish tweets from your favorite bloggers or your own site.
10. Create and offer your posts for roundups. Not sure what a roundup is? It’s a collection of posts on a common theme usually with a collage and link back to your site. Ask bloggers for permission in Facebook groups such as Operation Round Up (or any of the others). Follow the rules and publish your soon-to-be-viral post! Readers love finding links to what they are looking for in one place, and it is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers.
11. Set up Twitter lists to create relationships with bloggers in your niche. Share their content and they will be more likely to share yours. Reach new audiences this way!
12. Get OUT of your comfort zone. Get social, write when you want, and never get discouraged!
13. Personalize your site with an updated theme, matching social media profiles, and go for a clean look. No need for flashy graphics, neon backgrounds, or distracting blogs. Keep it simple and have a professional web appearance.
14. Find an authentic online community. A tribe or blogging group can help lift you up and share your content to new readers. Find those bloggers in your niche who can help you and together you can increase your views!