How to Create a Free Logo for Your Blog in Seconds11:30 PM
S tarting a new website or blog is one of the most exciting times for an entrepreneur or anyone looking to create something online. In ad...
While creating a logo for your site might seem like a fun task, many new bloggers and site owners simply don’t know where to start. There are many options when it comes to creating your own logo, such as outsourcing and using design editing software, for many this is either too costly or time consuming.
The good news is that there are cheaper and easier ways to create a logo for your site, which is exactly what I’m going to be showing you in this article.
The tool we are going to be focusing on is http://onlinelogomaker.com and unlike many other logo design sites out there, this one is 100% free.
How to Create a Logo Design in SecondsNo matter what you are trying to accomplish online, too many websites and software applications make the process tedious and confusing. When it comes to using OnlineLogoMaker.com to create a logo, it’s pretty simple.
To get started with the process, all you need to do is visit their site and click on the Start Online Logo Maker link. Once clicked, a new browser tab will open which will allow you to access their logo design editor as seen in the screenshot below.
What I really like about Online Logo Maker is that there is nothing to download throughout the whole design process. You also won’t need to register for anything until you are happy with your logo design and ready for download.
You may have also noticed that the design interface is quite plain looking, but also a bit complex with all of it’s different components. Once you’ve taken a few seconds to understand what each of these areas are, you’ll better understand all the tools and features offered their their site, while appreciating the cleanliness of the editor.
I’ve laid out each of the design components for you below.
- The Working Panel is your main workspace. From here you can customize all elements of your design, such as images, text, colors and sizing.
- The Toolbar area is where you can add different objects, save your work and also download your completed logo design.
- The Objects Panel is where you can see the many different layers of your design, each in its own element. This allows you to sort, rename and delete any modifications you don’t feel are necessary to your design.
- The Properties Bar along the bottom of the editor will allow you to make various changes to your logo design, such as object positioning, adding shadows, sizing and rotation and also changing how your font looks.
Full Logo Design and CustomizationNow it’s time to take a look at the different design customizations built within Online Logo Maker.
The first customization we can look at is the Text based settings, which are found within the “Objects” toolbox. For “text” you will refer to the “A” symbol, while the “symbols” will be referenced by the “star”
Should you want to add, remove or edit any of these areas, you can also do so by clicking on any of the icons below (when using the editor). You can also use the globe with the arrow icon to import images from your computer as well.
- Symbol – If you want to make your logo designs pop and come to live, you will need to add some color and images to them. OLM currently has over 1,000 pre-installed symbols, images and icons that anyone can use to spruce up the look and feel of their logo designs — best of all, they have a wide range of categories and niche markets to choose from.
- Text – Logo designs come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on your site template, you may need to mess around with the sizing of your text to make sure a new logo would fit correctly. This can easily be done through OLD, as they have complete customization with different fonts to choose from and easy font resizing as well. To customize the size, look and feel of any text areas that you add to your design, simply click on the icon found in the Properties Bar.
- Image – Even with all of the symbol and text customizations in place, you might still have an image or logo design that you would like to base your new logo around. This can easily be done by importing any images right from your computer, then editing them and the content around them from within the dashboard editor.
If you have any experience working with other online logo creation sites, you will already be aware that most will let you design your logo with complete customization, but will then require you to pay a fee to download your image. Not only is this not cool, it’s also a big waste of your time.
To prove the concept and process over at OnlineLogoMaker.com, I spent a few minutes to create an original logo design of my own (which you can see below). Best of all, it was 100% free to create and also to download.
Through the use of a site like onlinelogomaker.com, there is no longer an excuse for each of your sites to not have a logo design. It’s completely free to use and easiest enough for a kid to use, so why not go create a logo design from their site today?