8 Effective Use of Linky Parties To Promote Blog4:25 PM
Link parties are a great way to discover new blogs and get your content read by a different group...
If you would like to participate in link parties, but don’t want it to take a lot of your time, there are some things you can do to simplify the process:
How to Streamline the Process of Participating in Link Parties
- Start small. If you’re already doing link parties, pick the two or three link parties that bring you the most traffic, and just participate in those. You might also want to include the link parties of your blogging friends.
- Make a link party list for each day of the week. You can start out by writing down link party lists in a notebook. Record the link party url, and start time.
- Take note of any special requirements for link party participation. Some link parties require that you link back to the link party in your post. Others require that you visit the sites of a specific number of link party participants. Estimate how much time it will take you to participate in each link party, and decide if the time it takes to participate is worth it.
- Try your best to leave your link near the start time of the party. That way your link will be at the top of the list, and you’ll probably get more traffic to your site.
- Visit links from parties you participate in. Even if it’s not a requirement, it’s a great way to learn about new blogs. You might even meet some new blogging friends this way. If you’re afraid you’ll forget, jot it down on your to-do list for the day after you leave your link on a link party post.
- Once you’ve gotten used to participating in a few link parties, add a new party each week. Only do this if you feel like you can handle the extra time it will take to participate.
- Create a link party page on your site. Many link parties require that you leave a link back to the link party host’s site. This is a great option, because you can always use your link party page to help you remember which link parties you want to participate in.
- After a few weeks of link party participation, check your Google Analytics and see how many visitors are coming to your site from link parties. Assess if you think continuing link party participation is worth it, so you know that you’re using your time wisely.