50 Things to make a Blogger Happy8:13 AM
What 50 things make a blogger happy? Did you ever think about it? If you have actual blog posts ...
1. Discovering people are actually reading your blog.
2. Participating in a blogging challenge
3. Seeing someone has commented on your post.
4. Being complimented on your writing.
5. Realizing you are not the only person who thinks or feels the way you do
6. Being aware of how therapeutic/cathartic writing things down can be
7. Identifying relevant communities and networks
8. Seeing the potential to covert a hobby into a money-making venture
9. Learning new things especially when you nail a troublesome tech issue.
10. Establishing a blog hop and seeing it get support
11. Recognizing that people have respect for you and your opinions
12. Knowing unlike sex, it is OK to blog just about anywhere
13. Hearing that a public relations company would like to work with you
14. Meeting another blogger for the first time
15. Transforming online friends into offline friends
16. Having your children invited to take part in You Tube advertisements
17. Laughing in recognition at some of those very honest mummy posts
18. Knowing if you can’t get to sleep, you can always blog
19. Winning giveaways from other blogs
20. Writing blog posts in your head and grinning as you do it so people wonder what you are up to.
21. Being nominated for a blogging award
22. Making a shortlist for a blogging award
23. Winning a blogging award especially if it involves dressing up and attending a swanky do.
24. Receiving a supportive card from a blogger
25. Getting a hand-made present from a blogger through the post
26. Being told you inspire others when you thought you were just a pretty average woman.
27. Taking time to talk about happy memories old and new.
28. Enjoying that light bulb moment when you come up with a great idea for the blog
29. Other blogs linking to yours or recommending you are worth a read
30. Feeling the fear and attending a blog event anyway
31. Making people laugh out loud and thinking you may have a future as a stand-up comedienne
32. Receiving a text from a blogging chum as you sit in the breast clinic
33. Relishing that moment when he goes to work and the kids go to school and you have time to blog
34. Hugging and learning to love it
35. Speaking at a blogging event and carrying it off despite yourself.
36. Getting naked with other bloggers – yes really!
37. Helping another person to attend a blogging conference or reassuring someone who is nervous about doing so
38. Reaching out to others going through life’s challenging times.
39. Knowing the postman always rings twice if you review products
40. Being anonymous until you get naked and it all goes terribly wrong
41. Knowing there is always someone to ask or something to read to help you progress with your blogging
42. Celebrating that you can do it in your nightie
43. Finding out how simple it is to set up a blog in the first place and they do say the best things in life are free.
44. Enjoying new things like photography or creative writing
45. That lovely feeling when you realize that statistics and awards do not define your worth.
46. Facilitating a room at a blogging event
47. Celebrating the diversity of the blogosphere and knowing it is OK for people not to be like yourself
48. Traveling to great places at home and overseas
49. Realizing blogging has its seasons and that is all part of the fun of it much like life itself.
50. Knowing that blogging is like a box of chocolates so you never know what you will get next
What makes you a happy blogger? Let me know your thoughts and loving opinions!