5 Steps To Uncovering Your Big Dreams7:57 AM
T his week I take a fresh look at the power of big dreams and explore a totally new way of uncove...
What are your dreams for this year? How did you create them?
Dreaming big is hard.
We’ve always got the inner critic sitting on our shoulder giving us a hard time about big dreams.
- “Who do you think you are?”
- “You’ll never be able to afford that.”
- “It’ll take too long.”
- “Do you know how hard you’d have to work to achieve that?”
What went well this year?
What didn’t go so well this year?
What am I working toward in the next year?
This is a completely different question to “What went well this year?”. I focused on the highlights of my life.
The choices I then made for 2016 were focused on how I wanted to feel, rather than what I wanted to do. What a revelation!
Why is it important to dream big in your business and in your life?
- For most small business owners, life and business are intimately connected, so getting both sets of dreams clear is essential.
- Without a big dream, how do you get out of bed every day? Just meandering through life on a treadmill doesn’t excite anyone.
- Without the pull of a big dream you might just end up being a fraction of yourself. This is one of my greatest fears; not exploring all that I can be.
- Importantly, we’re at an inflection point with the future of financial services. Technology is going to dramatically change the way things are done, regardless of whether you buy into the robo-advice thing or not. Change is a comin’!
- What we do as Financial Planners is a 35-year-old business model, and we’re moving into the next phase. Don’t get stuck or attached to something that might just be about to get reinvented.
- Dreaming big allows you to rewrite the rules, to break old habits and to re-energise yourself and your business.
- Dreaming big helps you to see the things that don’t work and the things that do (or could).
- Dreaming big re-awakens a sense of possibility and that’s the stuff that gets you out of bed every day, ready to hit it hard.
What are your dreams for this year?
I’d just described to Carl about the amazing things Debbie and I have been doing in our lives recently with the help of our life coach Kerri Richardson.
I replied: “All the time.”