10 Ways To Drive More Traffic To Your Blog2:07 PM
W hether you're a designer, blogger, business owner, or entrepreneur, you want people to know the services you have to offer or read th...
Whether you're a designer, blogger, business owner, or entrepreneur,
you want people to know the services you have to offer or read the
creative content you produce. Driving traffic to your personal blog,
portfolio, or business website is key to building a larger audience,
gaining new customers, and going viral. Everyone can benefit from
learning about driving traffic to their site!
When you've put a strategy in place that optimizes your website for organic traffic from search engine results, you're guaranteed to boost the traffic to your site. We've compiled 10 simple and easy tips for driving traffic to your site in this two-part blog post. We hope you find these strategies helpful -- let us know which strategies you've tried before and which strategies you want to use in the future.
10 Ways To Drive More Traffic To Your Website
1. Use long tail keywordsLong tail keywords are the essence of any traffic building strategy. As a writer, you need to ensure that all your posts have relevant terms and keywords (some call them phrases) related closely to your topic. Here are some differences between general keywords and long tail keywords:
- Make money
- Start a blog
- How to make money fast
- How to start a blog for free
- Best entrepreneur strategies for startups
- Marketing tips for beginners
2. Use general keywordsI would want to clarify that while long tail keywords are highly recommended, general keywords are not dead (yet). From time to time, you need to utilize general keywords in blog posts. This can also be used especially in permalink such as this: Home > Marketing > Blog post name.
3. Starting a forumHave you noticed that forums are a great way to community with your fellow readers? An active forum can easily help build a good following while increase traffic back to your website. If you are on tight budget, S2 Members is a great plugin (kudos to the developers as well) with features and flexibility in mind.
4. Creating a Facebook groupFacebook is used by billions of people on a daily basis and not putting effort into it is a huge mistake. A great way is to create niche-specific groups so that members can ask and answers questions. The best part about it is that they can easily be directed back to your blog for more information.
5. Social sharing sitesAre you using sites such as StumbleUpon, Digg and Reddit? If no, you are losing a huge chunk of traffic. Social sharing sites are great for search ranking and traffic. Let me rephrase, “social sharing sites works!”
6. Building an email listDo you know that you can increase traffic from your email list? Tools such as MailChimp is a great way to connect your readers to your email list. At the same time, you can also utilize auto-responder series which can help you double or triple your sales revenue. Email list is also a great way to keep your email subscribers informed of new posts that are published on your blog. To avoid spam, I usually send weekly newsletter to my followers.
7. Guest postingGuest posting is not only for backlinks but they are extremely useful in gaining traffic. The tricks here are very simple. You need to publish posts on relevant blogs (according to your niche) and make sure that you are only submitting high quality posts to these guest sites. In most cases, I love the quote, “If you put 100% in your blog post, you should put 150% into guest posts”.
8. Updating your previous, published postsAs time passes by, your older posts may become less informative because there may have new information. Keep your current posts updated with the latest information to ensure that readers (whoever they are) are getting the best. In return, you will create more readership than you can imagine.
9. Creating list postsList posts still work and there’s no denial on that. List posts are best for skimmers who look for headlines and facts. When you are creating list posts, make sure that you are using the best headlines you can think off and the article must be easy enough for readers to skim through without hassle.
10. Sharing links (yours and others)Internal and external links are important when it comes to drive more traffic to your website. For example, there should be enough internal backlinks on each posts pointing to other related posts. External links should be used to give credits to other relevant sources. When a backlink is created and pointing to another site, the owner of that website will get notified and relationship is build from it. Plus, you may even get a nice link back from the owner itself!
If you have any helpful thoughts you can share us by comment below!