Where to Register Domain Names & Host Your Web Site?4:34 PM
W ell, the only safe way to register a domain name is to use the services of a domain name registrar as these are the only people permitte...
Well, the only safe way to register a domain name is to use the
services of a domain name registrar as these are the only people
permitted to conduct domain name registration, that is to access and
modify the master database of domain names maintained by ICANN (Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) which contains the
documentation on all of the domain names registered to date.
Domain Name Registration and HostingThere are many domain name registrars where you can register domain names and to be perfectly honest there is very little to choose between the top 10 domain name registrars.
But that’s not the full story, if you’re constructing a web site around your chosen domain name you also need a good, reasonably priced, reliable hosting provider. So listed below are my recommendations for not only purchasing a domain name but hosting your web site.
- GoDaddy Bulk Registration. Save BIG when you register multiple domains with GoDaddy!
- BlueHost Over 20,000 New Customers a Month! A WordPress favourite!
- Domain.com, Fast, reliable hosting you can trust. Free setup and no-long-term commitment.
- JustHost Congratulations! You’ve made a smart decision.
- 1&1 is definitely a front-runner when it comes to low prices and value for money.
- FastHosts Award winning hosting technology and services.
- HostGator Unlimited Web Hosting made easy and affordable.
Yahoo Small Business Hosting
- Yahoo Small Business. Get everything you need for a great web site. Intuitive web design tools to help you build your site.
- 123-Reg-co-uk Thousands of UK customers choose 123-reg’s platform to host their site.
- HostMonster Superior Support. Powerful Hosting. Trusted by Over One Million Websites.
Where to Register Domain Names ConclusionThere are a lot of places you can register domain names for your business, club or blog. These companies offer essentially identical service but the prices vary from $3 to $40 for a one year registration depending on the domain suffix. Since it doesn’t really matter which reputable registrar you use (be careful about the renewal fee with the less reputable, they may sting you), I recommend choosing the company with the best prices. At the time of writing, that’s currently GoDaddy. Remember, you don’t have to host your domain with the registrar for your domain. Again, at the time of writing, JustHost are offering the best hosting deals.
- GoDaddy was one of the first companies to offer domain name registration at low prices, and they continue with their good deals by offering specials for registering certain domain extensions with added discounts for registering the name for longer than one year. The low price makes it appealing to register your domain name with various extensions, then simply park the domain, in order to keep other people from snapping them up.
Well, I hope you found something useful and enjoyed this article, Where to Register Domain Names.