How to Start A Wordpress Blog10:22 PM
Tutorial is made for beginners You're finally ready to start your own blog, but you're a bit scared of messing up. No worries, ...
Tutorial is made for beginnersYou're finally ready to start your own blog, but you're a bit scared of messing up. No worries, this is why I'm writing this post - to guide you step-by-step through the process of building your own blog.
But you're probably thinking, "Create a blog in less than 15 minutes? Is that even possible?!" Yep, absolutely. It's possible with Bluehost's one-click Wordpress install. Wordpress is going to be your blogging platform while Bluehost (my favorite host & affiliate) is going to be your host, which you need to keep your blog up and running.
Let's get started, shall we? Don't worry it's not as difficult as you think! Trust me.
Step-By-Step Tutorial: Starting Your Own Blog
- Sign up for website domain name on Bluehost (click here for a discount + free 1 year domain name). Click "Get Started" button.
- Select your plan.
- Enter the domain name or blog name you want to register for. Take a look at the following example screenshot to see how I register "bloggingdork.com" as my domain name: Click the "Next" button once you're finished.
- Fill up the form with your info and select an account plan. You can start with the 12-month price if you're not comfortable with the 3-year one. Keep in mind, Bluehost requires you to pay full year in advance. You can uncheck the Backup pro and SiteLock domain security for now. You don't really need them especially you're just starting.
- Once you get your login details, login to your Bluehost account and click "Hosting" from the top menu > then select the "Wordpress" icon under the "Website" area.
- Click "Install" button.
- Select your domain name and click "Check Domain" button.
- Tick the "I have read the terms.." option, then click "Install Now".
- Wait until the progress is done, which takes around 2-5 minutes. Then click "View Processes" link from the top menu, and click "View Credentials".
- VOILA! You're done. Click the admin URL to login to your Wordpress account.
Next Step...Once you're finished with building your blog, play around or read Wordpress' official guide here: http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress. You will learn how to change your theme, write posts, customize your site, etc.
- You will have to pay for your hosting, and the cost will depend on the plan you choose. You may start with 1-year contract plan. Please keep in mind, you will be required to pay for a full year upfront.
- If you want the longer detailed step-by-step guide on how to start your own blog (with tips)