How To Start Your Own Blog Easy WordPress Install5:32 PM
S o you want to install WordPress, start your own blog and build a platform to share your ideas with the world? Good news! You are in ...
Step 1: Get your domain name
- Brief, simple and easy to spell
- Unique, catchy, easy to pronounce and memorable
- Appropriate to your topic, but not so descriptive that it is generic
- YourName.com is always a good choice (as long as you are comfortable with it)
Step 2: Enter your account information
Step 3: Choose your hosting package information
Step 4: Enter your billing information
Step 5: Time to install WordPress
Step 6: Start a brand new WordPress install
Step 7: Fill in your site name and other details
Step 8: Your new WordPress is live! Login to the admin
Step 9: Try the WordPress desktop app for a simpler admin experience
- It’s a simplified WordPress admin experience with focus on writing and creating content.
- It’s easy to learn, it works very fast, and has a very clean user interface.
- Content changes and updates as you write it without the need to refresh and reload.
- It works both on mobile and on desktop.
The only thing you need to connect the WordPress desktop app to your self-hosted WordPress blog is to install the Jetpack plugin and activate the “Manage” feature.
Step 10: Publish your first post!
Step 11: Keep learning and improving
Step 12: Commit yourself to blogging
- Keep creating great content, the best content you can think of
- Entertain people, inform people, educate people… make them love and share your content
- Keep posting regularly and consistently
- Keep connecting to people in your target group
- Keep promoting your content wherever you can
- Keep networking with other authors, entrepreneurs and influences
- Keep measuring, learning and improving your efforts
- See more at: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/how-use-stumbleupon-drive-traffic-infographic#sthash.NsBOTtBU.dpuf