How do I promote my SoundCloud music and make money?1:47 PM
Making money on SoundCloud: The On SoundCloud program The On SoundCloud partner program is quite similar to YouTube’s Partner Program. ...
Making money on SoundCloud: The On SoundCloud program
The On SoundCloud partner program is quite similar to YouTube’s Partner Program. Artists are paid when users view or listen to ads while enjoying the music the artists upload. The general idea is that artists are paid for each ad that plays during one of their tracks in the same manner as YouTube’s Partner Program shares revenue.
The great thing about the On SoundCloud program is that it goes directly to the artists. There’s no middle company, record company, or brand getting in the way. Artists have a direct connection to their music making money.
Before we go ahead probably you would like to start your won blog to promote anything you like or even you can sell any digital product on your blog, Blogging is as simple as breathing! So here is a recommendation for you....
The tiers of the On SoundCloud program
As with everything online, a few tiers of service have been created. Each one offers bands different services, has different costs associated with it, but only one will get you paid for your music:
Partner: This free account is for beginners. There is no monetization option. What you get is:
- 3 hours of free uploads of your tracks
- Basic stats to start growing your following
- The ability to join their Insider group for free tips
Pro/Pro Unlimited: There is only one difference between Pro, and Pro Unlimited. The Pro Unlimited offers you an unlimited amount of uploads, while Pro offers 6 hours. The similarities are:
- The ability to showcase your 5 best tracks by pinning them to the top of your listing
- Geo-based statistics to see where your fans are
- Social statistics to see which platforms are being used to embed your tracks
Premier: This has all of the features of Pro Unlimited, plus a little more:
- An account manager who will help you make your account even better
- Exclusive music promotion opportunities for your music and profile
- The ability to make money on your SoundCloud music
- Be on good standing within the SoundCloud community
- Have proven their ability to build an engaged audience
- Be able to show their growth over time
How to get more SoundCloud followers and be invited to On SoundCloud Premier
The first step you will have to take is to get one of their paid accounts. Yes, you’re paying money to make money…isn’t that always the way?
The difference here is that the Pro accounts will not only make money when you’re invited to Premier, but they’ll make you money as you find out where you fans are and go there to play concerts, send people to your merchandise stores, and maybe even get them to buy your music!
Here are the social and technical things you’ll need to do to start building that engaged audience up to the point where you’re invited to the On SoundCloud Premier program:
- Creating favorites lists: This is your opportunity to connect with your fans and show them the music you enjoy. To really make it work, contact the bands you add and let them know. They just may check you out and add you to their own list. Think of it as being their supporting act as you build an audience.
- Get social and engage on tracks: You already listen to music. Listening to it on SoundCloud, and giving real feedback that’s constructive, can help you get noticed. Fans listening to the track can see that you’re knowledgable about music and become interested in you. The bands themselves can again become interested in you and return the favor.
- Work on your images: Having a profile and header image that works is essential. You need to have your band name and logo large enough in your profile image so that people can make it out in the thumbnail image on the homepage, and in search results. The header image should include some piece of relevant information. “Follow us for exclusive tracks,” or even “Our new album comes out December 17, 2015!” Always work on conveying as much information as you can, as simply as you can.
- Join relevant groups: SoundCloud is one big social community. Being a part of groups that are relevant to your band can help you find fans in a number of ways. First, joining genre specific boards helps you find people who like your specific music. Joining location specific boards helps you find fans in your hometown, or in the next stop of your tour.
- Tag, tag, tag: When you upload tracks you have a chance to add tags to your music. They work like hashtags on Twitter. Feel free to tag other bands that sound like you, musicians who did guest appearances on the track, radio stations that play you, and producers you worked with.
For some other ways to boost your social presence, I highly suggest this perfect service . I've worked with this company for years to promote my client's music on SoundCloud and they have never ever disappointed me.
Hoping that this article will help you reach your goals on Soundcloud. Goodluck!