Christmas special RECIPE: Plum Cake12:19 PM
CHRISTMAS PLUM CAKE!! Merry Christmas!!! Oh the weather outside is frightful,But...
(i have used sultanas,tutti fruity red and green ,raisins): 1 cup soaked in 1/2 cup orange juice overnight.
- Preheat the oven @180°c.
- Sieve together flour,baking powder,baking soda,all spice powder.keep aside.
- Beat eggs till white in color.Add vanilla essence and butter and beat till mix. Add brown sugar and beat until well incorporated.
- Drain the juice from the fruits and retain the juice for later.
- Coat flour on the fruits so that they don't sink to the bottom while baking.Add the candied mango cuts too.
- Heat sugar with 1tbsp water and wait until sugar is melted. Once the sugar is melted add 1/4 cup water carefully . Be careful while adding water as the water may splash out.and bring to boil again.Cool this mixture and keep aside.
- Now fold in the flour mix to the egg mix.Mix till well incorporated.
- Add the caramel and fruits and candied fruits and mix well.
- At this point add the drained orange juice to meet the right consistency.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter and pour this mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or till done.
- Till the cake is cooling prepare your icing.
- Heat the sugar +butter + cream and bring to a boil
- Take it off heat and add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour this after its at room temperature on the cake and top it with some white chocolate chips……
- You will not be able to resist the aroma and find yourself cutting a nice big piece and enjoying it with a hot cup of coffee….!