Christmas Special Recipe - Candy Cane Coconut Ice8:34 AM
Christmas is here :x xoxo... Hey hey hey... !!!! Nope you can’t avoid it. It IS Christmas time And just to remind you in case you didn’...
Christmas is here :x xoxo... Hey hey hey... !!!! Nope you can’t avoid it. It IS Christmas time And just to remind you in case you didn’t know, there are only 5 Friday left until Christmas. Uhum, Yes. Just so you don’t think I’m bombarding you with Christmas recipes so early on, it really is just around the corner.
But you need not stress because you will have a huge stash of Candy Cane Coconut Ice in your life and every time you think of Christmas and your never-ending to-do-list, you shall grab a slice (or three) and float into white puffy clouds and feel all the worries disappear. These little squares do that to you. They are Christmas lifesavers. Make em and keep a stash in your handbag. And you know what? They only require 4 ingredients. Yes, you are loving me right now.
And they are even easier than the traditional pink and white coconut ice squares because there is no colourant involved. Just crushed candy cane. It doesn’t get simpler, folks. Serious. Just 4 ingredients and no colourant.
Candy Cane Coconut Ice Recipe
- 160ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 7 Mini Candy Canes / 1 Large Candy Cane
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- Now add the coconut and condensed milk to the icing sugar and mix together until well combined.
- In a small brownie pan (mine was 27x20cm), spread out the mixture and press flat using the back of a spoon.
- Chop the candy cane into small pieces and sprinkle over the coconut ice, gently press it into the surface of the coconut ice.
- Allow the coconut ice to harden – do not place in the refrigerator as the candy will “sweat”. Just keep it covered with plastic wrap or tinfoil.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy.
Loved this one? Share with friends via Social Media! Looking for more Recipe in this Christmas Season?