AdSense Beginners - How to keep safe you account11:05 AM
I t was in March 2009 that I started using AdSense, and since then it’s a part of my blog monetization technique. In first 5 years I have ...
It was in March 2009 that I started using AdSense, and since then it’s a part of my blog monetization technique. In first 5 years I have earned about $20k with AdSense, AdSense is one of the best contextual and highest paying ad network for any blogger.
Stop, Read carefully and Understand Adsense TOS and Stop violating Adsense Policies:
Also, many new publishers ask their readers to click on ads, which is also discouraged by Adsense as stated in their program policies.
Here is the list of AdSense supported language.
Shading with Image: Placing Google Adsense Image ad unit with the adjacent image can be a great and smart move, but guess what? Do it and Google AdSense might ban you. Google TOS doesn’t allow the use of shading your AdSense image ads with the adjacent image.
- Porn, Adult material
- Violent content
- Racial content
- Pages selling Drugs, Alcohol (Beer or hard alcohol)
- Pages selling Weapons and ammunition
- Distribution of course work. Eg: Student Essays
Promoting your post on Social media or buying traffic from quality sites like Facebook, StumbleUpon, Reddit is not the violation.
Making ads look like part of content:
You are free to make your ads blend with the content by changing the color or size, but don’t make it look exactly like content. In below image you can see what kind of mimicking is not acceptable:
Quick things to know:
- Don’t make your AdSense ads sticky. Making it sticky is against AdSense implementation policy.
- Using AdSense ads on a Site, which curate videos from Youtube or other video hosting site, can put your account in radar. To Avoid this, ensure you also have original content on your blog. A good idea is to add 200-300 words content in your words describing the video.
- Don’t place AdSense ads on 404 error page, Exit pages, log-in pages and thank you pages.
Finally, using the service is free. I actually got my start some five years ago on a Blogger.com blog as I mention first. I ended up making over $1000 a month on AdSense ads on that particular blog!
Founder of this Blog!