10 tips for better security on the world of the web!!10:07 PM
T hese most of young children as old as twelve years of age are members of several blogging and social media sites like face book and twit...
These most of young children as old as twelve years of age are
members of several blogging and social media sites like face book and
twitter. We live a world where personal security is measured in terms of
how well you are connected on the internet. Real relationships and
emotions have been taken over by the virtual world. Suddenly it seems as
if there is no more room for emotions and feelings in people’s hearts
and minds. Most of this young generation tweets, and googling like the
most regular thing on earth. What most of us miss out is that the
internet is not a very safe place. And since they tend to post such
intricate things of their lives it exposes them to the vulnerability of
the cyber world. It is one big , bad world of cyber crimes. So instead
of waiting for something bad to happen it is always better to take a few
Here are 10 tips to ensure your security:1. Start with the most essential things: get back to the basics of your operating system. Be it your laptop or your desktop. It does not seem to be a very tough job hence you should regularly update your systems software as well as the operating system. It is one of the best ways to protect your systems from viruses and exposure. You could keep a check on the updates and regularly refreshing them to keep your operating system running in optimum condition since most of these updates ensure that security issues are dealt with.
2. Don’t click on any random links: be careful on what links you click while searching for information. According to research it is said that Google has detected millions of unsafe links that people tend to click on most often accidently. These links are most likely to stand as a threat to your security . The best way to ensure that something like this does not happen with you is to double check every link before clicking on it. It may seem tedious but it is for your own good after all. Most important of all make sure that you have a two way firewall installed on your operating system and have the current antivirus on your systems. They are the best product that has been built for your safety over the internet. This is all what we have so far unless technology comes up with something better.
3. Be alert about small changes on networking sites: this may be something very small but it is surely important. Face book came up with an update. It changed all the users’ ids to an email@example.com. This has made your account all the more vulnerable to attack by spam websites. Hence make sure that you visit your account settings and chance the privacy settings so that you are protected from unnecessary threats.
4. Passwords , it may sound trivial but have the most importance: make sure that you have strong passwords not something ,which just has a few characters in them. Ensure that they are a little difficult to guess and not silly answers to question like what is your favourite colour? , when is your birthday? Or what is your pet’s name? These questions can be easily answered. Think of something a little complicated. And also keep changing your passwords frequently.
5. For all those who play online games: foe all you gamers, make sure that you have your security settings switched on before you start playing any game online. It will keep you protected at all times and will disturb you while you play your games.
6. Friends and social networking: make sure you double check a person before adding them to your account on any social networking site like face book, twitter or g talk. Be sure to see that you at least have a few mutual friends between the two of you. Look at the picture of the person to identify them correctly after this only accept their requests. Because you never know who may be trying to hack into your account.