11 On-Page SEO Tactics Every SEO Experts Should Follow7:22 PM
If you are eager to incorporate search engine optimization as a vital element in your business marketing strategy, consider hiring the servi...
If you are eager to incorporate search engine optimization as a vital element in your business marketing strategy, consider hiring the services of an experienced SEO expert.
These professionals know well that on-page SEO tactics can prove highly
rewarding for a website. On- page SEO means making changes in your
website to make it search engine friendly. Here are the 11 on-page SEO
techniques that every SEO expert should follow.
1. Speed up your website – Did you notice how frustrating you may feel if a website you are trying to open is taking more than a few seconds? Ideally, a delay of a single second in the loading can encourage a visitor to totally abandon your site. Speeding up the loading time, obviously makes your website more appealing to users. The faster your site loads, the friendlier it is to your users. Hosting can be a probable cause of this delayed time in loading. So, selecting a good hosting company that ensures minimal loading time can be the right solution for you.
2. Pay attention to title – A title tag should not be ignored as Google’s algorithm puts a lot of attention to the same. It has been proved that if keyword usage is proper in the title tag, the rankings can improve significantly. A title is used to identify your page and is shown in search engine page results. So, if you are trying to include some keywords in your post for achieving higher rankings, it is always better to use your keywords wisely in your title. It should appear elegant and at the same time not forced. Following good writing skills while preparing the title tags, leave little room for any confusion. In fact, inclusion of keywords in the beginning of the title can make your web page more familiar to search engines.
3. Give unique Meta description – These are also known as page descriptions and using relevant keywords within these descriptions can be an excellent on-page SEO tactic used by SEO experts. If your each content has a unique Meta description of not more than 155 characters, there are more chances of getting it clicked by someone. This is because, it is this content that will be displayed by search engines in the SERP. It is recommended having your business details as well as your USP and brand name in this Meta description.
4. Keep your URL SEO friendly – Is your website URL too complex or has readability issues? Well, the thumb rule is to make it SEO friendly as much as possible by using keyword phrases in the natural flow in the URL. Use hyphens in place of underscores, avoid dynamic URLs, etc. This helps the users to understand what your site is all about and make it more easily recognizable.
5. Make your website mobile friendly – Even, if your website is user friendly, it has to be made mobile friendly too. This is because as per the recent algorithm updates of Google, sites that are mobile friendly enjoy higher search engine rankings as the algorithm is applied on a real time basis and page by page. This means, if your website is mobile friendly, it will have more chances to get high rankings when a user is conducting a search on his or her smartphone, tablet, iPhone, etc. As more people use their mobile devices to access the web, this on-page SEO tactic is something which is tough to ignore.
6. Use H1 tag properly – For SEO purpose, use only one H1 tag for each page that would include only one primary keyword. You should also keep the H1 tag short i.e. it must not be more than 55 characters.
7. Go for internal linking – This enables a smooth “flow of links” within each and every web page of your website. This is also known as “Flow of link juice” popularly in the SEO world. It is best to use natural and informative links for ensuring more user engagement. This internal linking process is not difficult and yet, it helps to optimize your content brilliantly.
8. Post lengthy content – There is an undeniable co-relation between content length and search engine rankings. A lengthy content would have more number of links. Further, if your content has detailed relevant information, people are more likely to read it and share it on social networking sites. This undoubtedly helps in gaining improved opportunities for back links.
9. Use the power of images – It is a misconception that images have nothing to do with search engine rankings. On the contrary, careful use of image alt attributes has much to do with SEO. These attributes describe the image in text form and proves handy for a user when the internet connection is really slow or is using a standard browser with text-only mode. Users who are visually impaired, use screen readers while browsing the web to understand its content. In such a scenario, these attributes help them understood what the image is all about and direct them to your webpage featuring that image.
10. Use LSI keywords – These are keywords that you find at the bottom of a search engine page result when you have typed something in the google search box. Using ‘related’ keywords within your content makes search engines like Google understand the meaning of your content. The easiest way to find these keywords is to use Google Search. This is one of the easiest and simplest on-page SEO tactic.
11. Create xml sitemap – Creating a map of your site means more visibility of your website. This is usually an XML file that enables search engines to index your content faster and more accurately. The best practice is to submit your XML sitemap to Google or other search engines so that know that a content has been created by you.
It can be concluded that the aforesaid on-page SEO tactics are indispensable for optimizing your website. Reducing the loading time of your website, choosing a user friendly URL, inclusion of keyword in title and H1 tag and many more of these factors have the power of improving your website’s search engine rankings significantly. The key is to implement these tactics with care and precision. And only experienced SEO professional can help you with the process.